Saito2

Traxxas Bandit prices

There's a good bit of Traxxas hate going around and for good reason. Its hard to justify wanting the product (in my current case, the Bandit) without supporting the fairly evil company attached to it. I always try to get around this (ease my conscience) by buying used so at least I'm not handing my money over directly to the evil overlords. I find reasonable Stampedes and Rustlers from time to time but Bandits seem pricier around my area. Ebay reveals further head-scratching. The Bandit with radio, brand new, from Traxxas sells for $160. Yet now, on Ebay, here are some current prices for USED examples :$170, $200, $249, $275, $299, and $166. Who pays more for used than new? There's a few reasonable ones I'm looking at but wow, some folks are dreaming.

Good grief, are they that much now? The only one I ever bought was a kit, back when they were like $79... fun car, but nothing special design-wise.

Why would anybody call Traxxas an evil company? It's just another company selling RC cars for people to run.

I hope you get that Bandit! :)

I once had the Eagle which I bought for peanuts. Not wanting another Traxxas here, but my mind can definitely change if I ever come across an example of the earliest Sledgehammer trucks. That's one I would like to rebuild and run. It was the RC car of the year back then, some mere 30 years ago? :D

2 hours ago, mongoose1983 said:

Why would anybody call Traxxas an evil company? It's just another company selling RC cars for people to run.

Vintage Traxxas probably wasn't what I'd call evil. Today's Traxxas is another matter. There's a healthy little debate about it going on in my "Being different...the underdog effect" thread (page 2) over in Vintage Discussion. I've had this weird urge to make a fiberglass chassis and shock towers for a Bandit and top it with a repro TRX-1 body. Certainly would be a guilt free basher like my Stampy. Their ruggedness and parts availability is appealing. 

• Like 1

The Bandit goes for about 3-5 hundred down here in Aus, probably more, I'm a bit unsure.
I remember seeing them about the place when I was looking to get back into the hobby. (circa 2007?)

I was actually in the position of there not being anything new that I wanted when I got back into it all. For a short time anyway.

22 hours ago, markbt73 said:

Good grief, are they that much now? The only one I ever bought was a kit, back when they were like $79... fun car, but nothing special design-wise.

Design wise they are the same as the Rustler, 2wd Stampede and 2wd Slash. Many similar parts or identical design just a different length. 

45 minutes ago, Losi XXT-CR said:

Many similar parts or identical design just a different length. 

Yeah, its shocking the amount of parts they share. A shrewd move on Traxxas's part no doubt. I'm almost considering converting my Stampede. Of course, the Stampy is most unique of the three. It looks like I'll need the bellcrank steering system, suspension arms and shorter driveshafts and some chassis bits. I'd almost need a chassis as well to go off for measurements or just hit the fellow up from Factory Works to see what he has.