TurnipJF

This is my TT-02. There are many like it but this one is mine.

The mirrors have their yellow bands applied, and are fitted in place:

2020-01-23_09-16-33

I didn't paint them in the end, as the glossy grey metallic plastic is already a good match for the shell, and I don't think I could do any better with paint.  

• Like 2

neat and proper. You ought to just build another and keep this just for display ;) 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, guggles said:

neat and proper. You ought to just build another and keep this just for display ;) 

That is sort of the intention. While the chassis will see use on the track wearing disc wheels and a generic expendable race blob shell, the Mercedes shell and black wheels will be reserved for shelf display.

• Like 2

This morning I swapped out the blue alloy wheel nuts for some yellow ones, as while the blue ties in well with the chassis, it looks a bit out of place with the body on. 

And with that little finishing touch, I am pleased to consider the car complete!

Here are some pictures:

20200124_110807

20200124_110817

20200124_110824

There is some strange interaction between the decals, the sunlight and my camera, which shows the ones facing upwards to be a lighter yellow than the ones on the sides. Odd as they are all the same colour to the naked eye.

• Like 7

Although this project was finished to the point of drivability/displayability, I wasn't entirely content with my original choice of ESC, driven as it was by what I had to hand. The TBLE-02 is reliable enough and wouldn't get overly stressed running a 13.5t motor, but it lacks the adjustability that I have come to appreciate from the 10BL60 in my primary race car. Since I have every other aspect of this build exactly how I want it, I figured I'd may as well give it a nice ESC too, so this afternoon I fitted it with a 10BL60 of its own.

20200203_220955

• Like 2

would you recommend getting the Yeah Racing motor mount? im planning to run a Tamiya Sport tuned motor. im not chasing top speeds, but want it to be quick and fun.

5 hours ago, Alexei said:

would you recommend getting the Yeah Racing motor mount? im planning to run a Tamiya Sport tuned motor. im not chasing top speeds, but want it to be quick and fun.

A Sport Tuned is unlikely to overstress the stock plastic mount, but if you'd like the added strength and cooling of a metal mount anyway, the Yeah Racing mount is a good idea. The slotted design allows a wider range of pitches and tooth counts should you fancy experimenting with gear ratios and different motors further down the line. 

it's likely i would be changing gear ratios, so that could be useful. thanks

• Like 1