TurnipJF

The Christmas loot thread!

My wife, our cats and in-laws have been generous this year:

20191225_104625

What RC goodness did you find under the tree?

• Like 11

Nice little score there TurnipJF.  I was very happy with my $75 gift to a local hobby shop that my girlfriend got for me.  She remembered where one of the hobby shops was that I’ve taken her to and she went back to get me a gift certificate.

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, Gazzalene said:

What is the box the haul is sitting on?

TT-02 Type S! 😀

• Like 3

@TurnipJF I thought that looked like Type S jewellery. I see you got the fibrelyte top deck. I have been umming about that, but you might have pushed me into it for mine! So much for a "bitsa" build 😂

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

@TurnipJF I thought that looked like Type S jewellery. I see you got the fibrelyte top deck. I have been umming about that, but you might have pushed me into it for mine! So much for a "bitsa" build 😂

I run carbon top decks on my TT-01s, where they make a significant difference to stiffness and robustness. I am hoping this will do the same for my TT-02. Plus the carbon looks nice! 😁

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TurnipJF said:

I run carbon top decks on my TT-01s, where they make a significant difference to stiffness and robustness. I am hoping this will do the same for my TT-02. Plus the carbon looks nice! 😁

That's it then! I am ordering! 

• Like 2

well i got a stash of cash this year so i can feel a globeliner a coming my way soon:D

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I haven't received my self bought Xmas gifts yet.

Chevy Clod and Kyosho Baja Bug.

In the mail though. :)

• Like 2

I got a Tamiya F4D Skyray in 1/48, a stack of cash (new kit or more parts? Hmmmm...), some little supplies I've been wanting, and a radio case for my Futaba 4PX.

And my first pair of bifocals.

• Like 1

TurnipJF ,  You mention running the top plate on TT-01`S .

Just looked on the Fibrelyte site and do not see anyparts for the TT-01 ,just TT-02

My beloved wife gave me these last night and I am smiling. I gave her a Wedgwood Jasperware heart, she collects that stuff. We both lost our jobs, and with our country following Venezuela's political path I believe we are going to remember these lovely little presents for a long, long time.

7cbOu76.jpg?1

• Like 14

my daughter gave me some chocolates and my wife and son gave me a lego set. Plus I bought a truck model kit for myself to try and build over my holiday.

Star-Wars-lego-set-1.jpg

Peterbuilt-359-truck-1.jpg

• Like 6

A little evaporative air conditioner for my RC workshop/man cave. Will let me be out there over our hot summer

49275371281_f2616fa080_k.jpg

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, mtbkym01 said:

A little evaporative air conditioner for my RC workshop/man cave. Will let me be out there over our hot summer

49275371281_f2616fa080_k.jpg

just in time for some forecasted high temps too! Still I prefer Adelaide's heat to Brisbane's mugginess.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, yogi-bear said:

just in time for some forecasted high temps too! Still I prefer Adelaide's heat to Brisbane's mugginess.

Yep 40+ on its way again. Should be bearable to be out in the shed with this little beauty doing its finest work 😂

• Like 3

Gutted, no socks or after shave this year. Never mind I’m sure I’ll get over it 😁

29376FBD-EA4C-48B2-B046-5FFAD304E1D7.md.

• Like 8
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, mtbkym01 said:

Yep 40+ on its way again. Should be bearable to be out in the shed with this little beauty doing its finest work 😂

It's been very hot here and muggy as well . So it's heading your way good luck . And if it feels like its not doing anything , go out side . That changes your mind fast lol ... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3