TurnipJF

The Christmas loot thread!

15 hours ago, Gazzalene said:

TurnipJF ,  You mention running the top plate on TT-01`S .

Just looked on the Fibrelyte site and do not see anyparts for the TT-01 ,just TT-02

I use Tamiya's own carbon top decks on my TT-01s, part number 53672. They are becoming increasingly difficult to find, but there are also aftermarket options, for example those by eRacing and Maxspeed.

10 hours ago, matman said:

It's been very hot here and muggy as well . So it's heading your way good luck . And if it feels like its not doing anything , go out side . That changes your mind fast lol ... 

Shouldn't really complain about the weather we are getting in the UK! As I'm reading this its absolutely freezing cold raining:( yuk! But nothing like the hot weather your getting and them wild fires:( :( unbelievably horrendous!

• Sad 1

My wife needs a little more training...

tlltd3K.jpg

she went to the modelsport website and thought it was all tamiya and got this for me and my son to “build together” 

its a great little model though :)

JJ

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

My 5.5 yr old received the radio controlled tracked excavator he asked Santa for.

When he met Santa, the jocular gentle man suggested he might get a radio controlled Brussels sprout - that would have been harder for me to fabricate!

I bought myself the rally 2CV before Christmas and I'm trying to resist Tamico's current Audi Quattro offer! Must try and stick to the no more on-road rule....

• Like 1

Santa brought me some bits for my Wild Dagger build when I get to it.

6D8E8951-F7B7-47C8-A4BF-5E0A2A66F9D4.jpeg

• Like 4

Ooh, and I bought myself this to listen while I work, so to speak. A Bluetooth Docking D speaker sound is ace for such a small thing.

984A1E26-B524-4B89-A2DB-E32B2BE768F5.jpeg

• Like 1

Not at home so can't take any photos, but my lovely wife bought me my new race chassis Schumacher mi1v2 chassis. Also got some wheels and tyres for my cc02 build and paint for both cars! Well chuffed. 😁

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

I use Tamiya's own carbon top decks on my TT-01s, part number 53672. They are becoming increasingly difficult to find, but there are also aftermarket options, for example those by eRacing and Maxspeed.

Done a search for eRacing and Maxspeed with no hits?

53 minutes ago, Gazzalene said:

So does this fit the TT -01E for sure?  its listed as TT-02

Sorry, i misread. It's for TT02 so it won't fit a TT01. 

On 12/26/2019 at 6:15 AM, J@mes said:

Very pleased with my tool set

49274898042_62568e6b8f_b.jpg

I got the same set, but twice! Basically my wife ordered it, it arrived with a broken stand, so they gave her a full refund, and I bought the set again (I wanted the stand!).

5 hours ago, lsear2905 said:

I got the same set, but twice! Basically my wife ordered it, it arrived with a broken stand, so they gave her a full refund, and I bought the set again (I wanted the stand!).

That’s good customer service, hopefully the vendor can claim it on delivery insurance or similar.

I considered asking for the other builders set which costs £10 less. That has more drivers, no hexes and a different case. 

49279902738_81f5b1a6cd_b.jpg

either way it’s good to have the right tools for the job :)

I keep looking at the tool sets but sooooo much money 

outside the free box spanner, you really only need 2 sizes of Phillips screwdrivers (which most people have) 

struggling to justify :( even as a gift 

JJ

15 minutes ago, Problemchild said:

I keep looking at the tool sets but sooooo much money 

outside the free box spanner, you really only need 2 sizes of Phillips screwdrivers (which most people have) 

struggling to justify :( even as a gift 

JJ

Agreed. I have a tamiya screwdriver and it isn't all that. Got some allen key drivers which are great. I think i amgoing to invest in a thread forming tool instead of my current tap set, but that's it. 

Red and blue Tamiya tool sets are great, nearly 15 years on my red set, still going strong!

Yeah I’m sure but so is my £1.99 rubber handled screw driver 

and I have a box of tamiya spanner’s that never wear out 

maybe the tamiya set is cheaper around the world but it’s £26 here in the U.K. :(

JJ

Santa was kind again this year...a NIB Ultima, Blue Edition Subaru Brat & Black Edition Monster Beetle. :) 

20191227_144122.jpg

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Santa was kind again this year...a NIB Ultima, Blue Edition Subaru Brat & Black Edition Monster Beetle. :) 

20191227_144122.jpg

Wow, no kidding! Any chance of a build thread of the Ultima? Such a cool buggy. 

My wife surprised me this year with a TT02 Alfa Romeo 155 kit and a M06 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint.  She did a good job of hiding it from me; normally I'm pretty aware of what is showing up at the house.  Merry Christmas to all!

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, Grotty Otty said:

Wow, no kidding! Any chance of a build thread of the Ultima? Such a cool buggy. 

I will do my best. Not gonna lie though, I already have another five projects on the go...so it might be a while. :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My Top Force counts, even though it arrived months ago and I bought it all it was still for Christmas. Just waiting on the HW 1060 ESC so i can run the super stock motor. I will probably also get the TA02 spur in the kit size but without the alloy drive gear, so it won't be 'finished' for a while. Got until the end of feb anyway before the first vibtage race meet.

10 hours ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Agreed. I have a tamiya screwdriver and it isn't all that. Got some allen key drivers which are great. I think i amgoing to invest in a thread forming tool instead of my current tap set, but that's it. 

I just bought the Tamiya screwdrivers as well and don't notice a difference between those and my stanley set. @Juggular was saying that many tools are getting close to JIS now as they work on all types then, so maybe the Stanley are actually JIS too. Anyway it works for me since the Tamiya ones go in my RC toolbox which is now really well equipped. I even wore out the 5.5mm end of a kit wrench, the Arrowmax one is much better and I wish I bought it ages ago

7 hours ago, Problemchild said:

Yeah I’m sure but so is my £1.99 rubber handled screw driver 

and I have a box of tamiya spanner’s that never wear out 

maybe the tamiya set is cheaper around the world but it’s £26 here in the U.K. :(

JJ

£3 each & £2 for the box :) although I agree, I have so many tools, especially screwdrivers & somehow I need ‘special’ ones for my toy cars?! 

• Haha 1