Sign in to follow this  
svenb

TT01E stabilizer set

Anyone know if the tt01e has a stabilizer set or can the regular tt01 53694 fit? 

Or any other chassis specific set that could be used. 

Thanks 

53694 is designed to mount to the carbon upper deck P/N 53672, which fits the TT-01E in place of the stock plastic one, but necessitates a different steering rack / rack attachment method that doesn't bolt through the upper deck - I would suggest a ballraced one from yeah Racing, GPM or similar if you want to go this route.

I bought a front and rear set of these recently thinking I could use them on my TT01E - seems like you need to spend as much again as a whole new kit on all the bits to get it to work (aactually possibly a lot more as the TT01 chassis brace is like hens teeth)

I wonder if it would be worth sending the measurements of the Tamiya 53672 off to Fibrelyte and getting them to cut you one? You could even add refinements like a transponder mount and bolt-through points for the TT-01E steering rack.

• Like 2

Thats a very good shout. Its only in the last couple of days here I discovered they do one for the TT02.

It may need some some spacers experimenying with as the stabilizer bars are secured by an aluminium block that clamps to the top of the gear box in the tamiya chassis brace kit

Do you have a scan / pic of this page?

The manuals in the download are for just the standard TT01-E chassis (even the one for the supposed Type R)

RCMart and Asiatees had everything i could hop up with and when doing the TT01E Buggyra (FAT FOX GULF)

i do not remember all the parts, but yes i surpassed way beyond standard kit costs, i always get caught up in the moment.

It's too much fun:)

Hmmm, looks like the type-e R has completely different lower arms and bumper mounts to the standard type-e.

On 12/27/2019 at 8:03 PM, TurnipJF said:

53694 is designed to mount to the carbon upper deck P/N 53672, which fits the TT-01E in place of the stock plastic one, but necessitates a different steering rack / rack attachment method that doesn't bolt through the upper deck - I would suggest a ballraced one from yeah Racing, GPM or similar if you want to go this route.

🤔 If I were to use the 53672 carbon Upper deck on a tt01e does that mean I need the regular 01 steering set up? 

As far as I can make out the 01e is exactly the same as the 01 except for the steering arms bolting through the plastic upper deck! 

Just now, svenb said:

🤔 If I were to use the 53672 carbon Upper deck on a tt01e does that mean I need the regular 01 steering set up? 

As far as I can make out the 01e is exactly the same as the 01 except for the steering arms bolting through the plastic upper deck! 

You could use the stock '01 steering setup, but a ballraced alloy upgrade would be much better - the sloppy stock rack was one of the weak points on the standard '01.

• Like 1

I have a carbon Upper deck and fancy the 01 stabilizer set up so it should just be a case of swapping the 01e steering for the 01!? I think I'll need different steering posts too. 

Thinking about it 🤔 I keep the e steering set up and just replace the posts with sleeves and screws 👍

Edited by svenb