lucasan

XV-01 Build questions...

So a little over a year ago I ordered an XV-01 long damper kit from Omni models. It was on backorder at the time, but I was willing to wait. Well one month turned into 3 and then I was finally told that Tamiya had discontinued the kit. All the while I was waiting on the kit from OM, I had been stockpiling hop-ups. The problem is, I was getting parts for the long damper kit. The ones that are actually in question are the carbon damper stays. Also, I believe I got the completely wrong dampers for this kit. I bought the TRF Special Damper set, which is apparently intended for touring cars.

I was/am stuck. I have a whole bunch of parts that I may or may not be able to use, and I decided to buy the standard XV-01 kit to avoid a total loss. Plus this is the car I really wanted when I was building the DF-03RA but it hadn't been produced yet. I ended up selling the DF-03RA a while back and it was never used.

Can anyone who has built either the long damper or standard kit advise me on what parts I have that are usable. If I use the carbon damper stays (54581, 54582), what dampers can I use?

Any help would be much appreciated. When I start building, I will post a good and robust thread.

All of the long damper XV01 parts that you have will fit a standard XV01. The Long Damper uses 70mm shocks all around, so you can use CC01 option shocks if you like, or any other 70mm long small bore shock, like old buggy shocks and the like. 

• Like 1

Thanks Jon. I have ordered the dampers you recommended. I'm really looking forward to this build. It will be the 1st in a couple of years and certainly the one I have spent the most time curating hop-ups for.

• Like 1

The GF01 alloy dampers are identical to the cc01 damper kit but in blue. 

• Like 1