Graham J

Adspec P-100F throttle issue

I have a vintage Avante restored with it’s original Adspec remote. The steering servo works fine. The motor kicks when the battery is connected. I can also get the wheels driving forward at speed using the TH trim adjuster. I can get 5-6 volts to the motor doing this. I can also get 2 volts in reverse using the trim adjuster. The throttle trigger will however not give me any voltage or turn the motor in either direction.  Any advise would be appreciated.....

Strip the handset and check that the throttle trigger wiring, try another handset, try another esc.

All the wiring looks ok. I’ve checked the resistance from the connections to their next connector and they look ok. Can I do any voltage checks with throttle in difference positions and if so how?

The potentiometer that the trigger lever operates can be checked for variable resistance as it moves... put your ohmmeter across it?

Many thanks. I’m pretty sure it’s the potentiometer as there is max resistance in all positions. Do you know if there are options for me to obtain one? If so, where from? And is it worth it?

Checked the speed controller and steering servo with another transmitter.  All worked ok. It’s the transmitter!!!  Any more advise?