Sign in to follow this  
Oneball1971

Hobbywing Program Card

Havent tried it yet but just need a little clarification. I have the Hobbywing 10BL120 ESC and the Flysky BS6 receiver and will be going to use the Hobbywing Program card. Now is it as simple as I unplug the ESC from the receiver and plug that ESC JR plug into the top of the program card and then turn on the ESC? Or do I need to use the JR fly lead that came with the program card?

A fly lead can make setup more convenient as the longer cable gives more freedom of movement with the program card, but you can plug the ESC directly into the card if you wish. 

The fly lead is male JR each end, so would plug into the program card but the other end would only plug into the receiver? I have seen on You Tube that some plug the program card into the fan supply but my ESC is only 2 pin on the fan.

20200101_141213.jpg

20200101_141146.jpg

3 hours ago, Oneball1971 said:

The fly lead is male JR each end, so would plug into the program card but the other end would only plug into the receiver? I have seen on You Tube that some plug the program card into the fan supply but my ESC is only 2 pin on the fan.

20200101_141213.jpg

Ah, that fly lead. That is to power your program card if being used with an ESC that doesn't have a built-in BEC. You don't need it for the 10BL120.

In addition, all hobbywing program cards of the led number readout type work with any hobbywing esc of that program type. Just the instruction stickers don’t match, instead you check your manual as to what the numbers mean. 

most either have a additional 3 pin plug input, or you just pull the rx lead and have a battery on the esc. 

Juls

• Thanks 1