svenb

TB evo IV MS

My TBevo4MS has a TB03 spool fitted to the front actually, works just fine if you shim it right.

@svenb PM me if you want to let go of the pink bits :) Would go nice with my clear pink dish wheels.

22 hours ago, WillyChang said:

You should compile an Authoritative list of every Hopup available for EvoIV.

Official hopups definitely. Plus later parts that can also fit.

Trouble is where do you draw the line, with parts that can be "made" to fit. Hmm ok here's confirmation the TB04 oil diff can fit https://www.thercracer.com/2014/07/tamiya-tb-evo-4-2014-edition-part-1.html no mods needed.

Hmm Nottingham... been ticking off bucket listing of restoring a vintage Raleigh.

I'm no way an expert on Tamiya chassis's but I'm getting there. 

I will if I can sort a hop up list for this chassis, there quite a lot of trf415 kit that fits. 

I'm going to use the modular rear suspension 53866 that for both trf415 and tb evo iv. 

Deep pockets for a vintage Raleigh 😕

Had most Raleigh types best were a tuff burner, Grifter and Bomber. 

59 minutes ago, svenb said:

I'm no way an expert on Tamiya chassis's but I'm getting there. 

I will if I can sort a hop up list for this chassis, there quite a lot of trf415 kit that fits. 

I'm going to use the modular rear suspension 53866 that for both trf415 and tb evo iv. 

Deep pockets for a vintage Raleigh 😕

Had most Raleigh types best were a tuff burner, Grifter and Bomber. 

ahh... your problem might be you're wanting those popular Raleigh BMX that everybody else also wants ;) whereas I like the oddballs that nobody(cool) likes... think granny bikes, think Raleigh Twenty :P 

Oooh Pro Mod 53866! Had mine on an TA05, looks fantastic. Wish there was a front version too, to match in looks. It's plenty stiff torsionally compared to plastic, so rear end gets squirrelly... I lack Pro skills to handle :) and yeah, it bends when hit :( Its one of those hopups you'd love and loathe T for... supreme eyecandy but actual purpose bit hazy and dang - it sure wasn't cheap.

Had a play about with the diffs tonight, decided to use the one-way diff from the evo IV in my tb02r, used a aluminium gear . Bit of a snag, the diff cups are too short 🙄 about 4mm! Wondering if the TB01 one-way diff cups will fit as looking at photos of them they look a wee bit longer🤞

Took the front diff complete with the reinforced out drives out of the TB02 to go in the rear of the evo. 

Fitting a second aluminium gear to the evo spool. 

IMG_20200110_232114.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WillyChang said:

Is that with the Pro Mod?

Maybe you need longer dog ones.

No it's in the front of a tb02r, think I'll try some 53590 diff cups. The evo IV with Pro mod will fit fine👍

Finished the diffs off

IMG_20200112_214417.jpgreinforced diff joints are pricey and getting difficult to find now! 

The spare joint rings from the spool set are nice blue, luckily the set comes with a extra pair of rings so they went on the ball diff joints, can't have enough blue😉

• Like 1

I used the IV ball diff ring gear, I was going to use the whole diff from my tb02r but the gear is thinner than the IV. 

IMG_20200112_213223.jpg

I had the same with the TB03 spool I put in my TBevo4, but when using the TB03 bevelgear too it worked just fine.

Only bought the hop up mount because its a limited edition part and looks a bit fancy being two part. 

IMG_20200112_221309.jpg

Never seen these shims with a small notch!? Can't figure out what's the purpose of them??? 

IMG_20200112_220635.jpg

Maybe it was only used as a size indicator?

• Like 1

Is the notch needed? Is there a key in the hole?

I thought the notch was just part of the stamping manufacturing process. 

2 hours ago, Tizer said:

Maybe it was only used as a size indicator?

Hadn't thought of that, could well be. 

1 hour ago, WillyChang said:

Is the notch needed? Is there a key in the hole?

I thought the notch was just part of the stamping manufacturing process. 

No not as far as I can seen. Looking at the picture above it looks like there is a flat at the top of the mount but there isn't,maybe @Tizer is right! 

12 hours ago, svenb said:

Only bought the hop up mount because its a limited edition part and looks a bit fancy being two part. 

the 2 part works... whenever u need to change the spur after car is built, you'll be swearing blue murder without 2 part :) you'll have lots of pit time dismantling half the car... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, svenb said:

No not as far as I can seen. Looking at the picture above it looks like there is a flat at the top of the mount but there isn't,maybe @Tizer is right! 

it's weird, only the 6mm shim has the notch

https://www.tamiyausa.com/shop/option-parts/rc-dia-6mm-shim-set/

but it's across all 3 sizes in the pack, so no differentiation there.

odd because I've got the other Tamiya shim sizes like 4mm, 5mm, 10mm etc and none have the notch

ive also bought other company shims, some of them have the notch in many sizes. Smell like they stamp them out attached to a strip then the notch happens like theyre snipping off a sprue

Done the steering arms tonight, no point in showing the turnbuckle assembly as its a bit boring but putting it on the chassis along with the main shaft makes it come together nicely. 

IMG_20200115_232048.jpg

• Like 4

Don't know where I got this servo from but I must be a lucky sausage because the correct part is broken allowing me to trim it and fit👍

IMG_20200116_222914.jpg

• Like 1

Using tamiya components through out the build including all electrics, receiver is a TRU-02, a TEU302BK ESC, Super stock type RR motor, and double Zapped battery. 

Decided on a aluminium servo horn, no servo saver,ccheaper than a 51000.

Really struggled with the wiring, not much room to wrap it neatly! 

IMG_20200116_231540.jpg

• Like 1

Hit a bit of a problem with the Pro Mod rear suspension arms! Firstly the stabilizer bar from the kit is to short! Found a red bar from one of my other builds probably a tb evo II!? And I think there is to much toe in so I'll swap the rar block for a A block. 

Used the titanium coated shafts inner and outer.