svenb

TB evo IV MS

Love the rear suspension! I was thinking of putting my set on my TRF414 for fun :)

You should really upgrade the wiring though. Such a nice chassis and then a rainbow coloured spaghetti ziptied to the side really lets it down in my opinion :o These touringcars are at their prettiest with minimal, clean wiring.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tizer said:

Love the rear suspension! I was thinking of putting my set on my TRF414 for fun :)

You should really upgrade the wiring though. Such a nice chassis and then a rainbow coloured spaghetti ziptied to the side really lets it down in my opinion :o These touringcars are at their prettiest with minimal, clean wiring.

Agree with you about the wiring but I never cut wiring or body posts in case I want to swap anything around, which is fairly often 🙄

Wheel axles and shafts next. 

Glad I bought the titanium axles a couple of years ago as they are really expensive now😳

Very easy to build, I may have another set of aluminium shafts which I might fit on the front too, not going to use this chassis so no chance of them getting bent. 

IMG_20200123_215654.jpg

• Like 2

Damper building is quite rewarding if a bit boring😕 always look good when done. 

Found a set of 49245 spring retainers in Australia, not exactly the same colour blue but close enough. 

Titanium damper shafts I had out to use on a different project but never did hence the fact that there is 4 in the packet not 2.

Tamiya must really like yellow springs in this era, a few of my touring car chassis's seem to come with them! 

I've changes the fronts for hard white and keep the soft red set from the Pro Mod suspension. 

IMG_20200124_215825.jpg

• Like 1

Chosen to use soft orange damper oil for no other reason than I have more of that than any other! 

Tamiya E clip tool is one of the best bits of kit I've used, saved dozens of E clips from being lost in the carpet. 

IMG_20200124_220813.jpg

Dampers built, rear ta07 carbon damper stay fitted. 

Very little room between the damper body and camber turnbuckle hence the short spring. 

IMG_20200124_225932.jpg

Rear end finished, just the body mounts to figure out as the damper stay us pushed right back with the blue spacers. 

Don't want to drill anymore holes in the Focus body so I'll try some spacers from a tb evo II. 

IMG_20200124_230001.jpg

• Like 3

Looks awkward having shock tower spaced back like that, was it really necessary?

Think the TA05 bodyposts sprue gave spacers for adjusting fore/aft location. Used them a lot when trying to standardise bodypost between TBeIIISE, TBeIV & TBe5 so I could share bodies between everyone. 

10 minutes ago, WillyChang said:

Looks awkward having shock tower spaced back like that, was it really necessary?

Think the TA05 bodyposts sprue gave spacers for adjusting fore/aft location. Used them a lot when trying to standardise bodypost between TBeIIISE, TBeIV & TBe5 so I could share bodies between everyone. 

Yes otherwise the shafts would foul on the dampers. 

The spacers that come with the evo 1&2 combined with the same body posts seem to have lined up nicely with existing holes on the Focus 👍

Some cars use TGR bodyposts, some use TA05 bodyposts... there's about half a bodypost's width (3mm?) difference between the 2 types in his far they sit proud of the shocktower they bolt to :( 

Slight bit of trimming but the tb evo II posts and spacers seem to fit nicely, and in line with the body👍

1581027380270289051492663127633.jpg

• Like 2

Slow boat from Japan arrived yesterday with a ta05 carbon battery strap. 

Fits a treat and looks good with the other carbon parts. 

Should have a finished chassis tomorrow night🤞

IMG_20200216_220444.jpg

• Like 2

Quite happy with the fit of the focus body, the Pro Mod suspension took a bit of head scratching to make fit but the TA07 rear damper mount worked a treat. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TwistedxSlayer said:

Absolutely stunning

Indeed, I’m using it as motivation for my build! :) 

On 2/18/2020 at 6:55 AM, svenb said:

Finished. 

IMG_20200217_224755.jpg

Beautiful build. Although I would suggest to shorten the wires (motor, ESC, servo) for a cleaner set up. :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nicadraus said:

Beautiful build. Although I would suggest to shorten the wires (motor, ESC, servo) for a cleaner set up. :)

That's as about as likely as me shortening the body posts😅

Nah I never cut wires, posts or extra holes in bodies. Means I can swap and change things when the mood takes me. 

Thanks for the nice comments fellas👍