4 minutes ago, J@mes said:

Scale it up! How much do the kids like their mad bulls? Maybe they (& you) could sell those and get 3 new kits you all can build together for 3X the fun.

Now that is a good idea.

When the hobby is your escape it can be hard to get reigned in, but ultimately this isn't a super cheap hobby when there is food to put on the table and houses to maintain. I had a real problem with "losing" money on things and ended up with far too many cars last year which i was hardly using. It wasn't anyone but me who made the decision to slim it down, but i felt so much better having sold a few cars - some of which were just fun build projects but i did not really want or need to own as runners due to overlap with earlier cars i own (DF01, Boomerwig etc) - some of which i absolutely loved but simply did not use anymore (TRF201). I got ok money for some, "lost" a bit on others, but they all sold easily enough to buy more than one other kits should i have wanted and i felt really good for getting rid of them. I accepted that i had got loads of fun out of the builds and modifications and learning about them, and that was more han worth the money i "lost". Way more. You'll never make even money back on used cars, but if you have got a load of enjoyment out of them during their time with you, then i think that's a price well worth paying. And if you take this attitude and turnover cars more often you get more builds to do. More fun! And i am stoked that the cars i sold are with owners who are loving running them. Better than gathering dust under my spare bed. 

• Like 4

So I think the time has come to say goodbye to the Neo Scorcher. She will be going up for sale soon. Just deciding if to leave the electrics in or not and I need to confirm which diff is in the front.

• Like 1

Have her get another job and by yourself another kit to build while she's at work...

10 minutes ago, skinned said:

Have her get another job and by yourself another kit to build while she's at work...

For reasons I do not wish to go into, that isn't an option 🙁 but that is good idea

Get rid of all the TB0's 1 2 B's whatever just get rid of them! Infact tamiya needs to get rid all the TB's aswell  well past there sell by date (sorry TB chassis lovers:unsure:) everytime tamiya release a new car I'm interested until the TB makes an appearance then I switch off! Sell them all and get an avante or egress! 

52 minutes ago, moffman said:

Get rid of all the TB0's 1 2 B's whatever just get rid of them! Infact tamiya needs to get rid all the TB's aswell  well past there sell by date (sorry TB chassis lovers:unsure:) everytime tamiya release a new car I'm interested until the TB makes an appearance then I switch off! Sell them all and get an avante or egress! 

I don't know how to be polite to this. Lol.

I can safely say I will not be getting rid of the TB01s.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, moffman said:

😲

O dear

• Like 1

Sell the TT02B and the Levant.....buy a Clodbuster black edition and a King Hauler, If you like building and modifying....just a thought.😁

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TwistedxSlayer said:

I don't know how to be polite to this. Lol.

I can safely say I will not be getting rid of the TB01s.

Yeah I know I'm sorry to all those lovers of the TB'S but I just can't help it:unsure: tamiya has produced some really brilliant bodies that deserve a chassis of their own but they keep on dumping them on a TB chassis and I'm getting a bit nervous that if the 959 makes a re-appearance is going to be slapped on another TB chassis not its original or a upgraded version of the original and you must agree the 959 deserves to be in its original state:wub:

6 minutes ago, moffman said:

Yeah I know I'm sorry to all those lovers of the TB'S but I just can't help it:unsure: tamiya has produced some really brilliant bodies that deserve a chassis of their own but they keep on dumping them on a TB chassis and I'm getting a bit nervous that if the 959 makes a re-appearance is going to be slapped on another TB chassis not its original or a upgraded version of the original and you must agree the 959 deserves to be in its original state:wub:

Think your getting confused.

Its the TT01E that refuses to die away, and they keep sticking stuff on the TT02. The TB range has its own set of bodies that haven’t made it onto other models from Tamiya.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, TwistedxSlayer said:

Think your getting confused.

Its the TT01E that refuses to die away, and they keep sticking stuff on the TT02. The TB range has its own set of bodies that haven’t made it onto other models from Tamiya.

Confused is my middle name:lol: I think other than the tamiya F1 chassis and the early racing masters series I'm just not into on road chassis so they all blend into one in my eyes! Again very sorry on road fans absolutely no offence everyone's different!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, moffman said:

Confused is my middle name:lol: I think other than the tamiya F1 chassis and the early racing masters series I'm just not into on road chassis so they all blend into one in my eyes! Again very sorry on road fans absolutely no offence everyone's different!

It's alright. It happens to us all at some point.

• Like 1

On 1/4/2020 at 8:26 AM, TwistedxSlayer said:

I built my Ultimate TB01 from parts. I have thought about scratch built but I've no idea what to build.

The yacht has been really fun to build and goes well beyond putting bits together (fibreglassing, making a lead keel bulb etc).  Boats are a pretty good place for scratch builds as there are heaps of plans and the materials are easily found, as are cheap electronics etc for them.

If its got to be cars then @JennyMo has made some amazing crawlers using what appear to be random pieces (but she clearly knows what shes ordering).

Places like banggood have a heap of various things like axles or tracked chassis and which can be made into excavators, tanks etc as well. Then theres the arduino MFC project on here you could take inspiration from and add lights, sound etc to anything.

• Like 1