Sign in to follow this  
Apexape

Super astute aftermarket wheels

Hi all! I just got done building my re-re SA and was interested in finding some modern aftermarket wheel and tire options that are a direct fit especially in the front since they are bearing fit wheels. I want to keep the stock wheels and tires for  the shelf. Has anyone found a set? Ive seen the carson set but not too fond of the look. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance! 

You could use the TRF 201 / 211 or DN01 buggy chassis dish wheels as these are bearing fit fronts.

Or if you wantes something old school looking the Hornet / Sandscorcher style three piece rims, although you would need new tyres too.

3 hours ago, Superluminal said:

You could use the TRF 201 / 211 or DN01 buggy chassis dish wheels as these are bearing fit fronts.

Or if you wantes something old school looking the Hornet / Sandscorcher style three piece rims, although you would need new tyres too.

Hornet or Sand Scorcher wheels would only fit in the front, in the rear the drive axles would be too short. You could use everything offered for the DT03, there are some cheap tires and wheels around.

DE Racing makes bearing front Borrego wheels with 10mm bores. I've got some on my SA. The stock wheels take modern 2.2 rubber, too. I have a set with JConcepts fronts and Pro-Line rears. I used tire bands when gluing up.

• Like 1

Best option is the trf201/ dn wheels they are lightweight, sturdy and take any modern tires. That s what I run on my sa and dyna storm. 

• Like 2