rwordenjr

Baja King T-L01B HELP

looking much better, now give it a run and see how it handles. :D 

Just now, LeftyAl said:

looking much better, now give it a run and see how it handles. :D 

runs pretty good, the custom rods will be the final touches but this is much better than before. thanks! I love this chasis, I think the battery placement is slick and the motor mount as well. not a fan of the motors right in the back 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rwordenjr said:

lol woah, that's cool! thinking of getting a hornet as a basher ^_^

meh Hornets aren't that fun to drive per-se, I almost never choose to take mine out first choice :( if you want vintage try a WildOne or Fox. Or maybe something scale/slower like a CC01/2 or a HighLift :) Or you need a big wheel, everybody needs a big wheel... WR02, GF01? Heck a FarmKing would be waaaay funnier than a Hornet. :P 

Bucket on wheels was meant to be a "follow me" toolbox. :) 

First choice of chassis would've been a TB01 with those wide arms... bought the TL01B(ish... it's got clone 1pc arms, not T's bolt-together arms), didn't find a TB01 in time. Flat tub chassis would make battery access easier.

Was built back in 2016, didn't have time/technology to build a proper self driving drone. Best we could do was run a wifi receiver and its controlled by touchscreen & accelerometer from an iPhone 4S. Works ok, I can drive it singlehanded with phone in pocket... it sorta looks like it's following... :P

Issues... those shocks are from 1/5 Baja, springrates are off the planet ;) there is no "suspension" except from tyres & arms twisting, but heck they just LOOK TOO COOL to leave out. Fat balloon tyres collapse with weight, starts rubbing. Bucket is half occupied by the mechanics, less payload & it's all up top. Max 3-5kg so yeah it's pretty useless as a toolbox, really. 

4 minutes ago, WillyChang said:

meh Hornets aren't that fun to drive per-se, I almost never choose to take mine out first choice :( if you want vintage try a WildOne or Fox. Or maybe something scale/slower like a CC01/2 or a HighLift :) Or you need a big wheel, everybody needs a big wheel... WR02, GF01? Heck a FarmKing would be waaaay funnier than a Hornet. :P 

Bucket on wheels was meant to be a "follow me" toolbox. :) 

First choice of chassis would've been a TB01 with those wide arms... bought the TL01B(ish... it's got clone 1pc arms, not T's bolt-together arms), didn't find a TB01 in time. Flat tub chassis would make battery access easier.

Was built back in 2016, didn't have time/technology to build a proper self driving drone. Best we could do was run a wifi receiver and its controlled by touchscreen & accelerometer from an iPhone 4S. Works ok, I can drive it singlehanded with phone in pocket... it sorta looks like it's following... :P

Issues... those shocks are from 1/5 Baja, springrates are off the planet ;) there is no "suspension" except from tyres & arms twisting, but heck they just LOOK TOO COOL to leave out. Fat balloon tyres collapse with weight, starts rubbing. Bucket is half occupied by the mechanics, less payload & it's all up top. Max 3-5kg so yeah it's pretty useless as a toolbox, really. 

Looks like nova fox is what would have to get, can't final regular fox anywhere 

4 minutes ago, rwordenjr said:

Looks like nova fox is what would have to get, can't final regular fox anywhere 

Yeah just get the rere, there's zero benefit to own original Fox if you want to run it.

It's 35yo and it'll be a wreck even if you find one mint never run. Plastics deteriorate with age and as a minimum you'll need to buy all the rere sprues for suspension arms - they collapse just sitting on my shelf. Any run Fox usually suffers it's wing being torn off, so new body. Chrome wheels flake, rubber goes hard... new set of wheels & tyres... by which time your $$$ would've added up to price of a rere kit.

Fox goes pretty fast & suspension ain't that great... it's perfect for running in big fields of short grass... like a golf course :) 

1 hour ago, WillyChang said:

Yeah just get the rere, there's zero benefit to own original Fox if you want to run it.

It's 35yo and it'll be a wreck even if you find one mint never run. Plastics deteriorate with age and as a minimum you'll need to buy all the rere sprues for suspension arms - they collapse just sitting on my shelf. Any run Fox usually suffers it's wing being torn off, so new body. Chrome wheels flake, rubber goes hard... new set of wheels & tyres... by which time your $$$ would've added up to price of a rere kit.

Fox goes pretty fast & suspension ain't that great... it's perfect for running in big fields of short grass... like a golf course :) 

crap, even the nova fox looks hard to get :wacko: looking for new not used

On 1/7/2020 at 6:24 PM, WillyChang said:

Selling the BJ, see if I can get some $ and get another car to build B)