Tudorp

The one you never had...

A new post gave me the idea to post this question to all. What is the Tamiya kit you always wanted, but never got from the early days? 

My wish that never happened was the 3 speed Toyota Hilux kit. 

Cheetah

Hilux, Bruiser, Mountaineer

both Countachs

M38

Willy's Wheeler

etc etc

All of them, which explains this addiction. 

Those darned annual T Catalogues & RC Guide Books are such bad influences!!

Any of the early 3-speeds, but Blazing Blazer in particular.

And the 1/12 scale Datsun 280ZX. That's the only vintage NIB kit I would want to keep around, I think.

Hotshot 85

Hilux 3 speed

Avante 88

Bruiser

I have them all now too :wub:

• Haha 1

Mine wasn't a Tamiya at all, I really wanted a Kyosho Honda CRX front wheel drive after seeing one in the local hobby shop.  I just thought it was great being front wheel drive and loved the way it looked. Didn't have the money back then tho.....

J

Avante 88. Fortunately, I was finally able to acquire a 2011 version just recently. 

I always wanted a wild one,clodbuster  and 959 as a kid. I know i can get one now no problem but i dont think ill like the wild one’s performance. I am still considering a super clod since the black is cheap. I just dont know if ill like the pretty poor performance also, esp already owning a txt 2. Supposedly the 959 will never happen but if it does i will definitely get. 

For non tamiya cars i always wanted a kyosho optima, optima mid and turbo ultima. I have the optima and hopefully soon the mid and turbo ultima will come out

Back in the early 80s when I went full bore with them, I also had a lot of money wrapped up in a Graupner Rowdy Baja (Kyosho). Sold it before I left Germany to come back to the states, but wished I hadn't. Some day, I would like to find another one. 

Vanquish, got one early last year and have been slowly ( v....v.....slowly) restoring to book art.

Wild Willy. They were getting thin on the ground when I was able to save up for my first couple Tamiyas. There was one at the MARC show in MD for $90 (they usually ran $120 or so when they were last seen in the magazines) but my father didn't like the looks of it and told (made) me to pass on it. It became my white whale. Later my grandfather graciously took me to every hobby shop within reasonable driving distance attempting to track one down but to no avail. I collected every image I could get my hands on and drew pictures of it alot (well, I drew Tamiyas constantly so...). The closest I got was a Marui Land Cruiser "Super Willy" but I still lusted after the little Tamiya Jeep. Today, I happily own two.;)

Funnily enough, cause I was talking about them just yesterday I think, the Wild Willy. It just wore off I guess.

The Bruiser would be another, I have a clone now though.

The Frog. 

I had saved for 18 months and bought a Super Champ, then this thing called The Frog came out and all the fast guys got one. The Super Champ, for all its charm, was a solid aluminium ingot in comparison. 

There is a Frog re-re in my future. 

Mind you if they re-re the Superchamp there’s one of them too. 

• Like 1

A Hilux Monster Racer or a King Cab. All of my money went to Associated in those days, and I could never swing one.

8 hours ago, c64orinoco said:

The Frog. 

I had saved for 18 months and bought a Super Champ, then this thing called The Frog came out and all the fast guys got one. The Super Champ, for all its charm, was a solid aluminium ingot in comparison. 

There is a Frog re-re in my future. 

Mind you if they re-re the Superchamp there’s one of them too. 

They did re-re the Super Champ, it was re-named the Fighting Buggy.

13 hours ago, Pablo68 said:

The Bruiser would be another, I have a clone now though.

I bought a 1/16 WPL C24 Toyota Hilux and had Nathaniel at MCI make a set of 1/16 Bruiser decals for me. So now I have Mini-Bruiser. Seemed to satisfy my itch for a Broo and much less $ to hop up :) 

• Like 1

Tamiya Bruiser for me. Got to drive one when I was around 11 years old and have wanted one ever since.

Bear Hawk.

I did buy an org Stadium Blitzer to convert and NIB Bear Hawk body set, but I can't find wheels and tyres after a long time looking.

Glad I didn't, as I'm looking for a BH and keeping the SB as a SB.

After a number of years of buying, I have everything else I wished I had as a kid B) (pretty much :lol:)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Biz73 said:

They did re-re the Super Champ, it was re-named the Fighting Buggy.

Yes, I know, but I missed it! Hopefully they will do it for the 40th.

Porsche 956, and Hilux 3speed (the video of the kid being pulled along on his skateboard by one... ❤️)

12 minutes ago, c64orinoco said:

I missed it too, fingers crossed for another re-run but highly unlikely, and if it was to mark the 40th then it would probably be made to fit a DT-03 chassis or something.

3 hours ago, c64orinoco said:

I missed it too, and I'm still kicking myself.

Kept putting it off thinking there were plenty around, 'I'll get one next pay...'

3 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

I missed it too, fingers crossed for another re-run but highly unlikely, and if it was to mark the 40th then it would probably be made to fit a DT-03 chassis or something.

With some kind of bear as a driver figure?? :lol::lol:

• Haha 1