Sign in to follow this  
Blissard

Internet help

Hi all, I am using adblock, Ghostery tracking blocker and Torguard VPN all the time to prevent seeing any ads or any content from the country I live right now but they just don't work.

For example, when I google a brand, I see ads on google from this country, when I enter that website it opens this countries website and doesn't let me change, when I type a word in google all recommendations are in this language.

Same happens on iphone (all location services are off, adblock and Torguard enabled). Instagram browse page shows recommendations from this country (popular in your country), search results also show this countries pages. Same for google, websites, youtube (even if I change youtubes country)... and nothing works.

What am I doing wrong ? What are your recommendations ? I am thinking about changing my VPN to Nordvpn right now, does anybody use it ? I don't want to see a single word from this country. Should I put my wifi machine in a balloon  ?

I'm fed up, please help.

What browser are you using & if it's chrome are you logged into gmail/YouTube/anythingAlphabet...?

iphone knows where you are via cellular tower location, doesn't need GPS. I think it's also able to track via surrounding wifi signals.

4 hours ago, FoxShot said:

What country are you in, if you can say....

I prefer not to say.

4 hours ago, WillyChang said:

What browser are you using & if it's chrome are you logged into gmail/YouTube/anythingAlphabet...?

iphone knows where you are via cellular tower location, doesn't need GPS. I think it's also able to track via surrounding wifi signals.

I use firefox on windows now. I'm logged into everything, they're all foreign accounts that were created in the US.

I was worried about wifi signals but isn't VPN suppose to work wherever your phone is ?

I fully understand. 

I know people from many countries, and work with people from all over the world. I will have a delicate enquiry and reply to you

54 minutes ago, FoxShot said:

I fully understand. 

I know people from many countries, and work with people from all over the world. I will have a delicate enquiry and reply to you

Thank you! I am looking forward to your reply. 

My VPN no longer works with netflix also, my brother found out that nordVPN works fine so next month we will probably switch to that. 

I tried duckduckgo and some other ghost browsers for iphone today, none works. They’re not a solution for instagram anyway.