ACCEL

Ella Brood The Element Enduro Kit

She's going to be one tough machine to conquer hills, dales, rocks & trails and overcome crevasses.

Ella Brood was an unsung infamous warrior from the Roman Empire Era, a long forgotten Siren of devastation and the only woman Gladiator known that put fear into all that she battled.

With her large frame, red hair, strapped leathers with a blackened sword blade she was unbeatable.

Nobody knew what had happened to her after her conquests............................................Until Now!

Present Day 2020, she has been reincarnated into the new Jeep Gladiator along with her strong yet nimble frame the Element Enduro kit, ready to battle once again in a new time, a new world, a new adventure.

What is she truly after? To conquer terrain.

Mother Terra (Earth) has a warm welcome for her as she's certain that this fair and brutal Ella Brood is going to rock this world.:lol:

1FOY1eG.jpg

the inside of the kit box (i'm diggn' it).

i was at first going for one of the RC4WD (Toyota) kits, but another time & another story. 

cDTtc6V.jpg

here's some of the after market brass, aluminum and steel parts and hardware. Fantastic! actually there's more on the way.

Looks as though RC4WD came out with the mini Warn Winch, same lbs. tow as the standard size one, it'll fit the front style bumper where as the standard size would not,

it's on the way also.

when i built my SCX10 some odd years back it was like building a real truck. thus is when i wanted a 1/14 scale big rig that took some time, and time is still needed to complete.

i just get flippn' bored waitn' for paint to dry! oh and lighting stuff up takes FOREVER.................

nygM5gl.jpg

The heart, brain and power of EB

How she came upon her last name (surname).

i'm looking into the newer brushless systems but i really like brushed for crawls, it's what is in my SCX10 and Bronco Night Crawler use, they just work and work well.

QUZsBHD.jpg

these are her Caligae's

Redline's they were secondaries for the SCX10, rubber's are MT Baja Claw's TTC's

she'll be able to out step her adversaries.

oh, i've always came up with stories as long as i can remember it always came easy to me, i guess that's why i suck at math😁

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ACCEL said:

her large frame, red hair, strapped leathers

That's enough for me, I'm in.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, ACCEL said:

Siren of devastation and the only woman Gladiator known that put fear into all that she battled

Can't be your new truck - you're describing Mrs Badcrumble.

Can't wait to see what you get up to with this one. Wish I'd logged my GCM Skeleton build on here now.

• Haha 1

ok fellers, The red hair well that's going to be the color of the Jeep body (remember this story has conclusions for all of this build it's just put it into story line to follow characteristics of what i'll be doing to the Enduro,.

as follows; the black blade sword; well that's the Raceline (not Redline's) aluminum beadlock wheels, strapped leather; i'm going to use leather pieces for the seating surfaces, Team Brood motor gave me the idea of her last name. she was going to be Edna, then i got hung up on Ellie, but then Element started to ring in my head thus it finally stuck "Ella ment" and then the story popped as i was typing last night maybe thirty minutes, this whole thing hit me when i ordered the 2020 Pro-line Jeep Gladiator last week.

the actual build will be sometime the following week, i keep telling myself finish what's on the plate in front me, HA! i can eat desert and Roast Beast together.

Now what kind of hardware can i get from this laptop? i'll tear into it this weekend and find out how many licks it takes to get to the center of this Tootsie Pop.

always something slightly different from each one i crack open, it's really fun, the key is to do it with minimal mutilation, with The AMG Iron Panther and The Fat Fox Gulf i'm pro with the pillage of these semi costly disposable units. 

8qFJ0LN.jpg

and oh, some already hidden jewels of past scratch builds.

the roll of LED lighting (that's new) is for the light bar i'll build out of aluminum something or another:rolleyes:

2RbTHQP.jpg

Note: i have a vanquish light bar and just had to have one when building the SCX10 (which ended up on the Bronco Night Crawler), with all the lighting i've done to my trains and slots and rc's this will save me about 50-80 bucks and you can do it also. that roll 16.4 feet Ebay out the door at $9.18. Vanquish light bar about 4 1/4" wide very nice build, very nice looking and i believe about 5 or so years ago was about 70 or so dollar bills. I CAN     DO     IT!

well with the help of trial and error and awesome people such that is here, all things are possible in the RC world.

been watchn' some videos of the fuel scale model engines Now that is machining, those guys are highly technical, my uncle is a retired machinist from the Rad Lab in Livermore.

now how about the Tool and Die men and women also. 

this always stumped me kinda like the chicken and the egg....................... who manufactured the parts and tools that well............ made the machines that make parts and tools:lol: i 've said one thousand times, with out them my life would be boring. i'd have nothing to build nor build it with.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

Can't be your new truck - you're describing Mrs Badcrumble.

Can't wait to see what you get up to with this one. Wish I'd logged my GCM Skeleton build on here now.

do you have pics of the GCM on here of it, i need to see. post it here if you're able.

Here's one for you. I won't clog your thread - I'll send you a link to more. 

A448351B-B985-4B14-8FA5-A11390082730.jpg

I"ve seen a few builds of your kit elsewhere, looking forward to seeing your unique twist on it.

• Like 1

hey thanx a bunch for sharing Mr. Badcrumble., Ella and i don't mind.

these rigs are grand, Oh! about a Grand:o

by the way how's Mrs. Badcrumble?:lol:

19 minutes ago, ACCEL said:

hey thanx a bunch for sharing Mr. Badcrumble., Ella and i don't mind.

these rigs are grand, Oh! about a Grand:o

by the way how's Mrs. Badcrumble?:lol:

Yeah, I thought “second hand? Bargain!” Well, at least the bodyshell was cheap!

Mrs BC’s late Mother said to me “You know, your life will never be dull or boring with her....”!!!

You have some cool hardware - I had some SSD links for my build and was very impressed with them vs stock Axial, eBay cheapies and even the nice GCM set.

Roll on the next week...

• Like 1

Winch arrived today.

two holes lined up, only had to bore out two other holes on the bumper to center the winch Fairlead. i changed out the Screws where needed to stainless steel, the Fairlead's screws were SS. the bumper is quite nice for third of  the price of my SCX10 Rock Armor front bumper. i like it.

60NizPs.jpg

this is going in the interior for some accents of various places, dash, doors, center console stick shift knob maybe ect..

This is VViVid vinyl wrap in Rosewood Burl....................

V1lbu0j.jpg

s4YT6D4.jpg

Thank you AMG Iron Panther for the rims.:huh:           :D

these tires will be much better suited for the Xspede's wheels

Qg467od.jpg

I believe i'll be bluing my high clearance links with this product.....................................................................oh, now that's something different................................................

4JnTQsG.jpg

• Like 1

Test Testing, Tested, This is only a test..................................

6NndUm8.jpg

when i was taking photos of the original steel link it was coming out just as dark as the blued link, due to the reflection off every thing including the flash.

i wanted a before and after pic, and tried many different back grounds, and this was the best shot i came up with, held between my fingers.

• Like 1

It's begun,

These battle implements are hand forged and crafted for her conquests in the 21st Century.

For the ground has broke open and thus the build begins.

From afar she's rough and misshapen, but only time will hone this warrior into a fine tuned machine, then at that time and that moment her fours will be planted and ready to roll................................

yuqRMNs.jpg

• Like 1

her listed Left to Right, top to bottom:

fda73R7.jpg

Cigarette lighter will be the battery,

Stick shift, knob and boot: JDS stainless steel tubing. pearl bead and the number 8 from the Fairlady 240Z sticker sheet, then painted black.

Aluminum tubing: Exhaust pipes.

HP's laptop USB connector: CB radio case.

Stainless steel rigging turnbuckles from one of my sailboats scrap hardware: Hood struts.

Enduro front stabilizer link: Made to look like a front stabilizer damper (shock).

Side view mirrors: Hp's bottom rubber foot pads, Black rainbow tape and aluminized bright vinyl and 4FH stainless steel screws.

Hood hinges and rod: JDS tubing,  brass pen tube, "C" straps ( sailboat scrap hardware), and two bicycle spoke nipples for stay nuts.

and of course one of the many great systems i get to enjoy here that helps bring music to my ears...........................................................( Note): See decal above:)

• Like 1

those shots above is how that Black Rainbow tape looks at different angles.

Now behind the Eight Ball! (i just had applied Testors Clear Parts Cement & Window Maker). The boot is the end relief to a wall transformer.

NFK93wR.jpg

• Like 5

Remember the cigarette lighter, well now the battery is done.

i'll make terminals and some black and red wires when the engine bay is completed.

the battery posts are tips of pens.

Just wanted to thank you guys for the reactions, look, i just plain and simply enjoy all the building and time and effort everyone puts into this forum. it's beyond words and one of the funnest things i get to do. 56 years on this planet not a whole lot going on in this town. Oh yeah GO NINERS! 

well started the LED strip flood spot light bar (WOW!) want to see it? can't it's not completed yet.

well out of all the stickers i have acquired through out the years, not one Branded Battery could i find, well an Ol' Traxxas sticker sheet had this..........................................................

wDvoqIB.jpg

• Like 3

The HP has given more with each lick, the battery case from the hinge set up, M2 SS screws, 4FH SS screws, white aluminum channel from a storm door and LED Strip lights.

957wOgr.jpg

QKVlqRg.jpg

Now to strap on some leather, some Burl trim, gauges, some rhinestones, steering wheel, and then put the Eight Ball in the center pocket.

rE9fzFg.jpg

• Haha 1

Stumbled across these on my scratchiest place to shop Fleabay.  Very thick, very heavy front and center skid plates, i truly wanted to fab some out of the HP's top, that cool silver line lid, but when i saw these Ella needed some SS armor plate. oh that makes it nice.

nzmtRzi.jpg

Boy i wish this could really start......................................................................

jP5D7bx.jpg

46zPUq3.jpg

i'll add fuel filter, oil filter, battery leads, starter motor, various hose lines, some decals, air filter, radiator, windshield fluid reservoir, there's even a cooling fan below the intake,

The design of the Element, the motor can be installed in front or behind the transmission, but placement is not centered to frame in any configuration so i believe the brushed motor will be in the rear. that'll be fun to see how this faux engine gets installed, it's ok i have tools😃

• Like 4

When Darkness calls, Light answers.....................................................

qhU2CoD.jpg

VFzEx2v.jpg

lpLwssh.jpg

SCQcJa8.jpg

eqWEWHg.jpg

"will somebody please give me a light!"

• Like 2

I've had this idea in my head when i first purchased magnetic body posts quite some time ago, the idea swam in my head, now i'll create my own for sure

GRC Universal Magnetic Power Supply board Post Shell Column

1177665840.jpg