Re-Bugged

Wild One 58525

1 hour ago, KEV THE REV said:

Not if you fit vintage side panel onto the re-re tub , it doesn't show then

Looks ok (u painted?) black.

I've got some NOS sprues of the old red parts in WildOne stash... but the old red looks deeper than the re-re red bits.

Couldn't decide to "waste" a NOS new set of red parts on rere & too tired to be bothered stripping half the car to swap over every red bit... instead ended up packing the rere back into its empty kitbox. :wacko:

Run an original instead. :) 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, KEV THE REV said:

Not if you fit vintage side panel onto the re-re tub , it doesn't show then

PC080015.JPG

That nerf bar would be the same as the one’s on the FAV wouldn’t they?

I looked at them, trouble is the battery I’m using I had to cut a bit out of the tub as the wires come out just above the original hole. It was a case of having to use what I’ve got for now and I figured I could come back to it later on and modify if I got a Shorty down the track. 

Does the driver in the original WO come out without having to unscrew the front of the roll cage and bending it out the way like the rere to access the electric’s underneath?

This is the LiPo I’m using by the way @KEV THE REV, as you mentioned having not seen the adapter plugs before in the Showroom comments, XT60 to Dean’s/Tamiya but can’t fit the life of me remember what the middle one is?

C87EE3FC-F14E-4C1D-B7DC-C660C2EF8631.md.

It’s a little thinner than a NiMH pack but slightly longer by a few mm’s. 

2 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

XT60 to Dean’s/Tamiya but can’t fit the life of me remember what the middle one is?

2 flats, probably Traxxas

TRX plugs are the worst, I can't unsolder them after they're assembled. It's cutoff & throwaway, no way to reuse. Such a waste.

GensAce batts are good, bought them before Hobbyking :) 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, WillyChang said:

Looks ok (u painted?) black.

Yes it is painted to match the stealth look

Does the driver in the original WO come out without having to unscrew the front of the roll cage and bending it out the way like the rere to access the electric’s underneath?

No it won't you have to unscrew those parts to wiggle it out . The driver in this buggy is a modified FAV driver with arms modded , the RH box lowered and also the rear AA battery cover is lowered

That nerf bar would be the same as the one’s on the FAV wouldn’t they?

Yes they are from the black FAV tree , I used the black FAV roll cage and gearcase mounts too , and used some Hornet black damper collars

• Like 1

Unfortunately Photobucket stole all the pics I've uploaded during this years and my WO build thread is gone so I'm using a pic edited by my showroom. I've closed the "mouse hole" using a made from scratch part following the original shape.

WO.jpg

And this is the way I've improved the steering links:

006.jpg

http://jeekrc.blogspot.com/2013/06/051-improving-steering-of-my-wo.html

• Like 1

On 1/25/2020 at 3:04 AM, Re-Bugged said:

While I have plenty of time waiting for the above mentioned couple of bits, I thought I’d have a go at some tyre lettering to pass the time. 
   Wow, a LOT more tricky than the ‘Sand Blaster’ cousins. Still by the 4th wheel I was starting to get the hang of it. 

4BF7E9B5-C47F-4F2A-B282-BB5A18144E5F.jpg

I like the clean retro sort of vibe from this buggy so I don’t want to go overboard with decals, so cut a few out on the short list and temporarily placed them with a dob of blue tack to see.

I like the rear tires.  They seem slightly bigger than the grasshopper ones?  

Can they fit Tamiya wheels?  Where can I find them? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jeekelemental said:

Unfortunately Photobucket stole all the pics I've uploaded during this years and my WO build thread is gone so I'm using a pic edited by my showroom. I've closed the "mouse hole" using a made from scratch part following the original shape.

WO.jpg

And this is the way I've improved the steering links:

006.jpg

http://jeekrc.blogspot.com/2013/06/051-improving-steering-of-my-wo.html

The Blackfoot Steering rods and ball ends would appear to be just about the same length as the WO set up but with 5mm balls on. Looks similar to yours 👍🏻

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Juggular said:

I like the rear tires.  They seem slightly bigger than the grasshopper ones?  

Can they fit Tamiya wheels?  Where can I find them? 

Yep they are Sand Scorcher tyres, I got them from Tony’s Tamiya Parts in the UK where I also got the wheels to fit the Alloy rims to. 
It’s probably just the photo and no wear on them yet that makes them look bigger?

• Thanks 1