Sign in to follow this  
Superluminal

Top Force 2017

yeah you can go but as long as you arrange with him first as he does have heath issues you may remember from when he posted on here he was gonna finish due to health issues

i think the few times i have been i go on a sunday morning but as i say i pre-arrange with him first

its not a shop it is based in the rear of his premise like a extension  but he has every thing set out 

and yes his name really is tony i always end up their for around a hour or so chatting to him.

he did give me a card with his details on it the first time i went so i could bypass e-bay if req like i did for the top-force the manta-ray and the reefer trailer kits i brought of him plus a lot of other stuff also i think the only stuff i brought of his e-bay shop is a grand hauler window and a mfu unit  

he really is a great chap and always polite and really is knowledgeable and never cocky or arrogant 

for me it is just a 1/2 hour drive so no more far away from my lhs 

• Like 1

Thats good to know. I wasnt aware of him ever posting on here - it may have just been before the time I joined. It will be a very sad day when he has to give it up - there isnt anyone else uk based like it in terms of hop ups and spare parts supply and just how helpful he has been in the times I have had queries on bits (only over email so far)

Its quite a way from me so is somewhere I would like to see at least once, especially if there is a chance he may start slowing things down.

Have one of these on the way, but have a gear box q.

speed tuned gearing set as a replacement for the std spur and idler is a must, and is it still worth getting the Rally plastic gear set? 

for me i never changed anything in the gearbox from kit standard even when running stuff as hot as 11 turn brushed motors apart from bring the pinion down to as low as 16 

and nothing ever broke and the original top-force is still running the kit gears

8 hours ago, matisse said:

Have one of these on the way, but have a gear box q.

speed tuned gearing set as a replacement for the std spur and idler is a must, and is it still worth getting the Rally plastic gear set? 

What motor are you planning to run? I have the speed tuned set and the highest FDR I can get is 8: which seems ok for a Super Stock 23T motor.  If you are running a low turn brushed motor you may want the rally gears instead to get lower gearing options

2 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

What motor are you planning to run? I have the speed tuned set and the highest FDR I can get is 8: which seems ok for a Super Stock 23T motor.  If you are running a low turn brushed motor you may want the rally gears instead to get lower gearing options

Good point, the flexibility of having both would be a bonus.

i was never a point and squirt driver back in the day so outright acceleration doesnt worry me too much. Cheers

• Like 1

Mines should be on its way shortly (january feels like a really long month since last payday)

Im planning on running the exact setup JG is referring too above; 21t steel pinion, 69t spur from the speed tuned gearset and a Superstock TZ motor (its flattery not copying right??) and will see how I get on.

I had most of these parts left over from a TA02 touring car from a few years ago but looking online it seems like the speed tuned gearset is unavailable again. There were two part numbers for the same kit I recall - one was for a skyline something or other gear set that was then rereleased as 47328 speed tuned set but the spur gears are exactly the same.

Modelbau Seidel shop looks like they have it or can get it but they are fussy about shipping outside of Germany - a forum member over there might be able to help you out.

5 hours ago, Superluminal said:

Mines should be on its way shortly (january feels like a really long month since last payday)

Im planning on running the exact setup JG is referring too above; 21t steel pinion, 69t spur from the speed tuned gearset and a Superstock TZ motor (its flattery not copying right??) and will see how I get on.

I had most of these parts left over from a TA02 touring car from a few years ago but looking online it seems like the speed tuned gearset is unavailable again. There were two part numbers for the same kit I recall - one was for a skyline something or other gear set that was then rereleased as 47328 speed tuned set but the spur gears are exactly the same.

Modelbau Seidel shop looks like they have it or can get it but they are fussy about shipping outside of Germany - a forum member over there might be able to help you out.

Thats absolutely flattery!  I bet there are loads of them running exactly the same thing.  I have the RZ motor too which is in theory faster but I doubt I'll notice any difference.  I'll find out next month when I take it to a vintage race.  Its pre-95 and open brushed motors so I could easily be outgunned by a 12T motor but meh, mine will look cooler.  This club runs 2 pre-95 classes, silvercan and open brushed so I was planning on running both with the Top Force as the more capable chassis in open brushed, I have a HW 1060 so can go for a much faster motor if I decide.  I suspect the Super Stocks will be as fast anyway as some of the lower turn motors around now.

I got my high speed gears from Stella but they are sold out now too.  My usual places were sold out when I ordered back in November, it could be a limited part.

6 hours ago, matisse said:

Good point, the flexibility of having both would be a bonus.

i was never a point and squirt driver back in the day so outright acceleration doesnt worry me too much. Cheers

It accelerates really well in its current form, I'd say on par with my Boomerang running a TBLE-02S and a 13.5T Trackstar v1 motor with 17T pinion.  I'm only worried about cooking the motor, so the lower FDR would be good.  Unfortunately to go higher than an 8 or lower than about 8.4 means changing the spur, so the 23T Super Stock is right on the edge of the 2 spurs.  You can use the kit setup for the bigger spur, it just has the alloy drive gear in it which is apparently bad but I don't know from experience.

Good insight thanks!  Currently debating brushed or brushless right now, everything else for the build is pretty much set.

• Like 1