Wattser

Newbie Lunch Box Question

Hi All,

So I have just purchased a Lunch Box as I was never allowed one as a child back in the day. I would like to start upgrading the LB, but where do I start? Apologies if the same question has been posted multiple times...

Would it be sensible to upgrade the springs/suspension, and maybe a wheelie bar? I would also like to make it run faster, but I am unsure what I would need to change (aside from the motor) and maybe the ESC.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Oil filled shocks, either the 5th shock or ampro transmission brace mod, I fitted a torque tuned motor to mine and added a couple of wheel balancing weights so it wheelies for longer the stock wheelie bar is absolutely fine so I wouldn't bother changing it. 

The only other mods I'd recommend are getting metal body posts because the stock plastic ones are pretty weak and maybe putting foams into the tyres. 

The lunchie is never going to be a great handling car but that's not the point of it, it's a car that makes you smile every time you drive it. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Supercoolnothing said:

Oil filled shocks, either the 5th shock or ampro transmission brace mod, I fitted a torque tuned motor to mine and added a couple of wheel balancing weights so it wheelies for longer the stock wheelie bar is absolutely fine so I wouldn't bother changing it. 

The only other mods I'd recommend are getting metal body posts because the stock plastic ones are pretty weak and maybe putting foams into the tyres. 

The lunchie is never going to be a great handling car but that's not the point of it, it's a car that makes you smile every time you drive it. 

Thanks for the suggestions. I have ordered the Ampro transmission brace. I will order some oil filled shocks tonight. 

I put absima shocks on my lunchie, if memory serves me right I put 75mm's on the front and 80mm's on the rear and I got them from modelsport. I can't remember what weight of shock oil I'm running in them but it's probably something like team associated 25w in the front and probably 20w in the rears. 

• Thanks 1