tyeardley

Help Identifying Tamiya Model

Hi, I recently found my Tamiya car in the attic, not seen it for 25/30 years. Can anyone help me identify which model it is and if it’s actually worth much?

thanks guys.

1742656614_IMG_4386(1).thumb.jpg.c222e7da9c857d1498ed4331bbfb0ddc.jpg

• Like 1

Its a Rough Rider (possibly an early one looking at the front spring retainers), looks to be in quite good condition. I never offer a value of something, because it’s worth what someone would pay for it

Early Rough Rider with a few upgrades/non stock parts it looks like? 

If it's in good nick under the body shell, around the 200 mark on a good day but as previously stated it's only worth what someone will pay. Basically it's worth a bit if you're not in a hurry to shift it then set a price and let people come to you. 

It is a SRB chassis, just a note with regards to value, the kit re released in 2009 and 2011 as the buggy champ, and has had regular production runs since and seems to be plenty of them still kicking about new in hobby stores to buy right now. 

yes it is a bit different but essentially the same vehicle, this being said, your model is unique as it wasn’t an exact re release, but it’s close enough to hurt the value significantly of your original, in addition your model wasn’t built like the box art which can further reduce the overall value. This being said the $200ish is probably the upper limit as mentioned above, but you never really know until you try to sell it I guess. 

https://tamiyabase.com/?option=com_joodb&view=article&joobase=21&id=8&Itemid=1063#models-with-srb-chassis

And if that front bumper is molded black and not painted , then that's another big bonus , but hard to tell from the pic

First off, welcome to the club.

That looks like a good original model there, as has been stated, they are worth whatever the highest bid is. 

I love the chain for the front body mount clip, I've spent plenty of time looking for a clip I've dropped in the grass. :unsure:

J

16 hours ago, tyeardley said:

Hi, I recently found my Tamiya car in the attic, not seen it for 25/30 years. Can anyone help me identify which model it is and if it’s actually worth much?

thanks guys.

It's a poor copy, I will help you trowing it away if you send it to me. We are on TC were, if needed, friend help friend.

:ph34r::D

18 hours ago, tyeardley said:

thanks guys.

Looks British! Toffy fob chain & all.