Sign in to follow this  
Saito2

What to do with an RC10T4?

I recently purchased an RC10T4 from a forum member (thanks guggles!) with some loose ideas and plans circulating in my brain-box. On one hand, I could use the shocks on one project, the steering bellcranks on another and the transmission in my Hilux Monster Racer. On the other hand, I could fix it up a bit with new wheels and tires. Its the older pin-drive, so right off the bat, I need to convert it to hex drive (and possibly front) hex as well. So, do I cannibalize it or invest money into it and fix it up? We newer vehicles aren't my thing, but it is an impressive piece of engineering.

• Like 1

discontinued but they have many parts still for it the newer version looks the same just updated under carriage and drive system. it's AE, so they are dang good vehicles. too bad they got out of the on road cars, they stopped their TC and F1 lines. but what Randy Caster at 1UP told me is they'll continue to stock parts for them.

hex nuts aren't nothin' unless you can get that much more vehicles out of this one's parts. Go for that.

Image for 1/10 RC10T4.3 2WD Stadium Truck Brushless RTR, Blue from HorizonHobby

49386693442_78a2f6fe13.jpg20200114_161532 by Scott Weiland, on Flickr

Here it is in King Cab guise at the moment. Not much to look at now. It's currently running an old RC10 six gear transmission that I'd rather put in a vintage RC10 project. I'm guessing the 10T's ratio will be more in line with what the Hilux will need too.  Basically, I can use the 10T in 3 other projects since it was cheap. If I kept it whole, it could use a new rear wheel, which necessitates a hex drive conversion, appropriate wheels and new tires. Gradually, the investment creeps up. Its a rock-solid piece of engineering for sure but I'm on the fence on whether to invest in it or use it to give life to 3 other projects. I don't race only bash.

• Like 1

Making the King Cab Great Again!

I like it. :ph34r:

Much modding needed to shoehorn that in? Or it's just same holes as 6gear. 

• Like 1

It had a hand cut fiberglass subchassis that the 6 gear was already on. I added some holes and spacers to it to make the newer Stealth fit.  There was a little trimming done above it and hole drilling to mount it at the top. The front of this particular chassis came to me pretty shattered anyway so its built back up with steel plates. I'd never hack on a good condition, original chassis.