TWINSET

Lunchbox, Hornet (and others) Vinyl Skins

I have been looking at these . I fancied the zombie hunter one for the LB . There is a you-tube vid to show you how to fit these .

They look amazing but I'd be a bit reluctant to spend the money only to scratch it all off again lol.

Mind you, my Lunchbox handles a lot better now and I do have a spare shell. Maybe I could make a "fair weather" shell that I only take to non-scratchy places like the beach and grass 🤔🤔

I had a set of normal decals for my Lunchbox.

Quality is subjective I suppose but I'll give some pros and cons.

Pros:

Nice artwork 

Pre cut

Nice colour and overall print quality.

Cons:

Blacks in the print were poor, more like a grey, which detracted from the "punch" of the artwork. 

Cutting wasnt perfect with some white bits around the edges in some areas.

Because of the medium used, even if you carefully trim all the excess white off, the actual cross section of the sticker is white and will show up as a white outline around the artwork on darker base colours.

Adhesion could be better, smaller areas peeled off a lot at first. Hairdryer helped but didn't totally fix the issue.

I would say overall they were decent but the quality of the blacks could be better and the adhesion. This was over a year ago so for all I know, those issues may have been addressed by now.

I would say more suitable for a shelf queen or special occasion "fair weather" runner more than everyday use, I could see them starting to peel off and get dirt stuck under them etc quite easily.

The hornet one looks just like the supreme hornet ones......

On 5/5/2022 at 10:13 PM, nowinaminute said:

I had a set of normal decals for my Lunchbox.

Quality is subjective I suppose but I'll give some pros and cons.

Pros:

Nice artwork 

Pre cut

Nice colour and overall print quality.

Cons:

Blacks in the print were poor, more like a grey, which detracted from the "punch" of the artwork. 

Cutting wasnt perfect with some white bits around the edges in some areas.

Because of the medium used, even if you carefully trim all the excess white off, the actual cross section of the sticker is white and will show up as a white outline around the artwork on darker base colours.

Adhesion could be better, smaller areas peeled off a lot at first. Hairdryer helped but didn't totally fix the issue.

I would say overall they were decent but the quality of the blacks could be better and the adhesion. This was over a year ago so for all I know, those issues may have been addressed by now.

I would say more suitable for a shelf queen or special occasion "fair weather" runner more than everyday use, I could see them starting to peel off and get dirt stuck under them etc quite easily.

Thanks for feedback.  Is it just blacks or any dark colors as well.   Sounds like “good from far but far from good” situation.   

Preference is to drive this car as I have enough shelf queens 🤦‍♂️

3 hours ago, skinned said:

The hornet one looks just like the supreme hornet ones......

Yeah I noticed. The Jin Watanabe is a limited edition and costly for one of the oldest (and cheapest) RC car models