moffman

Just before post your sold item off?

Just read a very interesting article in the herald Scotland about Hermes parcel delivery depo which explains why my very rare original boxed unbuilt rough rider arrived delivered  by Hermes with what looked like a spear or javelin had went right through it:angry: this is a photo which says it all really:unsure:!

herme.JPG.gallery.jpg

• Sad 1

Shocking, never had a bad experience with Hermes when I've sent with them just when I've had deliveries from them, ripped open boxes, left in puddles etc. 

Wont use them again 

• Like 1

I simply wont use them myself and if an Ebay seller is using them I wont buy from them. Only way to get them to change.

• Like 1

i had stuff lost by them rare items also stuff smashed by them and when i see a item on ebay i ask the seller to send via royal mail.

if i sell anything i will only sent via royal mail

its like the saying you get what you pay for they prob pay their employees peanuts and treat them like s**t so they dont care about anything

• Sad 1

I wont use them, and will pay a seller to use Royal Mail.

Either delivered to my Local Sainsburys/Argos or to my 24 hour office :)

Never miss a delivery

• Like 1

1 hour ago, topforcein said:

its like the saying you get what you pay

I have never had too many issues with Hermes unlike UKMail who so far for me have a 100% failure rate out of eight or nine parcels. But as Topforcein says; This is exactly the issue. When you consider the logistics behind parcel deliveries and how the end of the service is basically some bloke on minimum wage driving around in a knackered old van in terrible weather looking for a house that isnt clearly named or numbered at the roadside and doesnt appear on google maps while the recipient is at work and the house is empty its amazing that anything gets delivered at all for what it actually costs - which to me seems very little and it would probably help if maybe it did cost more to post items.

I would much prefer it that they didnt try and deliver to the house and that it just went into safe, registered storage somewhere at a depot which would be open to the public 24/7. Most of the issues I have with them is they try and deliver but cant/dont and then its a disaster trying to reorganise or work out where the parcel actually is ie still in the van or in a hedge somewhere.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, topforcein said:

its like the saying you get what you pay for they prob pay their employees peanuts and treat them like s**t so they dont care about anything

It's an interesting suggestion, and I fear actually says more about society as a whole than an individual - although ultimately it is the individual that is responsible of course...

Personally I cannot understand how someone is prepared to do a bad job - and certainly damage someone else's property - just because they are not paid particularly well? You would hope that someone's personal moral compass would not be affected by how much they get paid... but presumably this business is populated primarily by those people who do have a price?

Jx

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, acprc said:

I simply wont use them myself and if an Ebay seller is using them I wont buy from them. Only way to get them to change.

I'm exactly the same I've seen some good stuff on Ebay but I'm turned straight off when it has delivered by Hermes tracked as though its something to be proud of I've had people (thank God for honesty) from different streets knock on the door with packets delivered by Hermes chucked over their gate right number wrong street:wacko: and not forgetting my destroyed rough rider which I was the most angry I've ever been in my life (and I'm being very civilised with my language:angry::angry:) the thing is I just like my local postie he knows his area the mother-in-law live not to near buy if I'm not in he'll deliver my packages to her to save me going down the depo to pick it up also wrongly addressed items he just knows his stuff and he's just a young lad aswell👍always gets a good tip off me at xmas!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, topforcein said:

i had stuff lost by them rare items also stuff smashed by them and when i see a item on ebay i ask the seller to send via royal mail.

if i sell anything i will only sent via royal mail

Yeah I only use royal mail I use my local post office in my local shop (use them or lose them) the guy who runs it is the most friendly guy you could ever meet! 

My new fancy electric roller garage door is courtesy of Hermes. Just before Christmas 2018 my wife phone to say that our garage door had been damaged. It turns out the Hermes driver decided that forcing the door open and buckling the top corner would be a good idea and letting a 5kg box of Thortons chocolates drop from 2m high onto the bonnet of my XR3i would be wise. The chocolates were ruined as they had spilled all over the concrete floor and my garage door was completely destroyed. I made a complaint, put a claim in and received over £1,000 in compensation, which of course was spent on the new door with change left over. 

You guys should have seen what the US Postal Service or Canuckistan Mail did to my 58002 that I sold to a gentlemen in Canada two years ago. Blame couldn't be placed, so I ended up refunding him over $200 since the entire A-pillars were smashed, roof crushed and glass broken. 

I felt absolutely gut-punched for him and it still burns me up to this day. 

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, moffman said:

Yeah I only use royal mail I use my local post office in my local shop (use them or lose them) the guy who runs it is the most friendly guy you could ever meet! 

ha ha i wish i could say the same about my local that has the post office in their  when you walk in it smells like a drug den with the owners kids that run it  smoking drugs or one of the employees that has a real bad "b.o." problem or being told the machines aint working cause they cant be bothered.

21 hours ago, JennyMo said:

It's an interesting suggestion, and I fear actually says more about society as a whole than an individual - although ultimately it is the individual that is responsible of course...

Personally I cannot understand how someone is prepared to do a bad job - and certainly damage someone else's property - just because they are not paid particularly well? You would hope that someone's personal moral compass would not be affected by how much they get paid... but presumably this business is populated primarily by those people who do have a price?

Jx

and i know where your comming from jenny. my last job was minimum wage and working with 2 others that was on more than me and i did a far superior job to them for a good 8 years until i got sick of being treated like s**t by the management while they got away with everything and in the end a person can take so much so i took the i cant be bothered attitude unti i had enough and left my attitude these days is treat how you are treated

On 1/16/2020 at 8:19 PM, JennyMo said:

Jx

You have some good valid points! Society in the UK over the last few years is definitely getting more aggressive/angry! maybe it's a nation of down trodden fed up low paid workers? Or more people are just morally bankrupt? I'm lucky enough to have had the same job for the past 30+ years which takes me driving all over the country and occasionally abroad the one thing I have definitely noticed (on a driving perspective) is when an altercation occurs some one get cut up or pull out on someone else etc etc when I'm abroad Europe/USA newyork it's just a quick hoot of the horn end of but you come to the UK is a complete different ball game I've seen stupid chases and unbelievable completely out of proportion road rage people just want to make more of the situation! Two days ago I was behind a driver who was weaving across the white lines all over the road when we stopped at the traffic lights I looked at him thinking he's probably on his phone but know he wasn't........he was on his laptop with the screen up against the steering wheel:blink: on seeing me look at him ( just looking) he jumped out of his car at the traffic lights and started having a complete fit because I dared look at him:wacko: this is British society unfortunately and sadly I'm seeing more and more often:mellow:!