Wattser

No reverse after build

Hi,

Please be nice as this was my first RC build and any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

So i have nearly  finished building a Tamiya Lunch Box, but I am not getting any reverse. I can only travel forwards although I have steering available.

Here's my equipment list:

Core RC 2.4 3 channel steering wheel 

Core RC 4012 servo.

5000 mAh NiMH battery

ESC - Tamiya Brushless TBLE-02S

I have just noticed the ESC is brushless, do i need to make any changes to the ESC? 

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I've just checked the manual of the esc. There is a chapter about turning on and off the reverse function of the esc. You have to press the set-up button when you switch on the power and can turn on and off reverse. But please double-check with your manual.

• Like 2

Like stated above. My guess would be an ESC setting. Out of the box they should work but I would try making sure it has reverse enabled and also calibrate it according to the instructions.

The brushless aspect is not a problem, just disregard the orange wire.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Wattser said:

I have just noticed the ESC is brushless, do i need to make any changes to the ESC? 

TBLE02S is a dual ESC.  It can brushed and brushless (only sensored ones).

If you are running a brushed motor, it should work.   

Hold down the set button, then turn on the receiver.  When the LED is blinking red, release the button.  That turns on the reverse function if it's currently off.  If you do it again, it will turn off the reverse.  

https://www.tamiyausa.com/media/files/45057ml-801-efb9.pdf

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Juggular said:

TBLE02S is a dual ESC.  It can brushed and brushless (only sensored ones).

If you are running a brushed motor, it should work.   

Hold down the set button, then turn on the receiver.  When the LED is blinking red, release the button.  That turns on the reverse function if it's currently off.  If you do it again, it will turn off the reverse.  

https://www.tamiyausa.com/media/files/45057ml-801-efb9.pdf

Still didn't work, could the ESC be faulty? I am a complete novice and I am a bit stuck. 

I'd check your throttle trim is neutral.

Also make sure you're doing a slow ramp into reverse, it's not always instant like forward. You almost have to find the bite point. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hobgoblin said:

I'd check your throttle trim is neutral.

Also make sure you're doing a slow ramp into reverse, it's not always instant like forward. You almost have to find the bite point. 

Thank you. I have run the High Point setup and found the reverse bite point. Like you said, it's not instant like forward. Cheers for the advice