Sign in to follow this  
graemevw

Wanted, rc10 parts

Im getting a little ahead of myself as its still in the post, but ive just bought an A stamp rc10. Its a bit of a wreck! Its definitely going to need some parts. Not sure exactly what yet but it certainly needs front shocks, nose tubes, a part for the servo saver, servo mounts and maybe the right side arms. 

Also needs a body, wing, wing wire, tyres and no doubt lots more.

All my spare hardware is metric and i believe these are imperial so ill probably need any screws, bolts etc to fit the missing parts too.

Ill try and get a list together next week but thought id better start looking now! Im in the uk, so uk based parts would be great, or job lots of parts from the us. Posting singular parts from abroad will rack postage up too much i think.

Im completely new to these cars so im still trying to learn what parts it should have, but its going to be run and will never be a good example so i guess i dont need to be 100% correct on all parts.

Thanks.

I saw your post on RC10TALK and chuckled. You don’t even realize the rabbit hole you’re about to step in. Like an SRB there are so many ways you can go with the RC10.  They are super cool buggies and you’re going to love it. 

There are a ton of parts out there on the market so take your time. Completely strip it down for a good cleaning.  Then you can see what is broken and needs replacing  new parts command a premium but used ones not so much.

You can bring back some of the original white color by soaking the plastic parts in hydrogen peroxide and sunlight or you can dye the parts a color you like with fabric dye

The original six gear transmissions can be suspect especially if you try to run big power through them.  There are several aftermarket transmissions but be prepared to pay handsomely.

Bodies are getting somewhat scarce. I’ve pick up some beautiful painted ones from Andy’s on eBay. 

I recognised your name from over there :)

yeah, strip and clean, see whats what, then make a list. Ill keep it sort of stock, but not obsessively so. Might use worlds steering bellcranks as mine is missing some bits. 

It will stay gold and white, it will have original shocks i think, and narrow arms. Transmission will probably stay 6 gear as pan isnt drilled for stealth. It will stay narrow armed, but im not going to make sure every ball cup, screw and nut is 100% correct. As for body, it seems the penguin one is the only real option in the uk. Any good?

i just want to build something i can run on track but which is still a gold pan rc10. 

ill have loads of questions im sure, but i wont spam this post up with them.

all the parts seem easy enough to get (used is my prefered option for this car), but always from america. Not a problem, but 20 lots of postage on 20 $3 parts wouldn't be ideal!

For screws check out Team KNK. They do full sets of stainless hardware and importantly they have the right degree of countersinking for the RC10.

They are US based though and the shipping price they quote on the website seems expensive. But when they ship they refund the difference between what you paid and what it actually cost to ship. At least they did when I ordered from then.

There's also the risk of import duty etc but you do get plenty of screws.

• Like 1

Its here! Not stripped it yet, but i need...

Nose tubes

Front shocks

Front body mount

Servo mounts

Wing wire

Wing buttons

Rear upper shock bushes

Couple of front arm mount screws

Ill need any screws required to fit the parts too.

I also need body, decals, tyres and gear cover but i expect ill buy those new.

Anyone got a stash of rc10 bits? Lots of people seem to break these for parts.

I probably have all this. 

Front shocks

Front body mount

Servo mounts

Wing buttons

Rear upper shock bushes

Are your shocks bottom loaders or top loaders?

4 hours ago, Shodog said:

I probably have all this. 

Front shocks

Front body mount

Servo mounts

Wing buttons

Rear upper shock bushes

Are your shocks bottom loaders or top loaders?

Pm sent.

Shocks are bottom loaders, gold tops, white plastics.