Hawk312

Midnight Pumpkin or Lunchbox into Bigfoot or USA1?

I am just wondering if anyone has tried this? I have a Lunchbox, and I was looking at the Traxxas Bigfoot body, which looks like about the same size as the Blackfoot body. I have seen the Blackfoot body on a modified Hornet, and it doesn`t look terribly out out of scale. Has anyone tried this? I would really like to do a USA-1 body for it as well, if anyone has a suggestion for that. The Kyosho body looks like it might be big, and $$ seems high. 
Thanks.

That body will be a lot bigger than the 1/12 scale pumpkin chassis. You could lengthen the wheelbase by making custom rear gearbox mounts. 

39 minutes ago, Shodog said:

That body will be a lot bigger than the 1/12 scale pumpkin chassis. You could lengthen the wheelbase by making custom rear gearbox mounts. 

After looking at your post Shodog, I got curious. I checked the wheel base on the lunchbox and the grasshopper, which I assumed were about the same since they are based on the same suspension/drivetrain. https://tamiyabase.com/chassis/24-grasshopper  Turns out the grasshopper is almost 50mm longer than the Lunchbox. :o  I guess I will have to look at other options.

• Like 1

Good luck with the project . I'm currently building a 1:15 Gravedigger shell onto a modified Tamiya QD chassis . So far it's panning out , so anything is possible - isn't it