Sign in to follow this  
phiber_optik

Moving TL01 Suspension position

Hi, I have been tinkering with a rebuilding my TL01.

Im curious, has anyone moved the suspension mount on the bottom arm. I thought about replacing the hinge pin at the C hub with a longer 3mm bolt. Then adding a spacer or two and mounting the bottom suspension eye onto the bolt and a nut on the end. 

Might not be terribly pretty but thought it might be pretty cool.

spacer.png

Is this what you mean? It's part 51436 or 54296. It should work with TL01, too.

I meant right out to the hinge pin on the c hub....so the star head screw in this pic. Puts the shock about a 45 degree angle.

Thought a long M3 cap head bolt, a spacer and maybe a 5mm suspension ball that the bolt can go through and then a nut.

Have CVA shocks, will a 5mm suspension ball fit?

IMG_20200118_174346.jpg

Yes that should work, but why do you want to do it? 🤔 

1 hour ago, phiber_optik said:

I meant right out to the hinge pin on the c hub....so the star head screw in this pic. Puts the shock about a 45 degree angle.

Look closely on rear axle in picture I posted - rear damper is mounted directly to hinge pin. It is hinge pin with ball end, optional part for M06. I'm not sure what exactly it does, but it has some function, my guess is, that it makes damper action more linear with short M06 arms.

M06 suspension is derived from TL01, so that ball-ended hinge pin should fit to TL01.

Bolt could work, but you need one with long shack, otherwise it could damage hub. 

11 hours ago, svenb said:

Yes that should work, but why do you want to do it? 🤔 

Just because lol. Making the TL01 out of parts I have lying around. Shock wise most of the stuff I have is a bit long. Makes it sit like a monster truck. So thought I wonder if there is something I could do to make them fit. This was my solution but wanted to know if it was ever done before. Plus it looks kinda cool lol.

Done it, works well, makes it look a little more fat and got the suspension to be a good bit lower as my original shocks I had spare were to long.

If I need a bit more height I can change the suspension eyes for longer ones.

Pleased with that.

IMG_20200126_152821.jpg

• Like 1