Sign in to follow this  
ernieks

Tamiya Acto Power Motors

Hello everybody.

How do I remove these little pins on the motor end bell? Removing the spring is easy but I have no idea how to remove the pin!?

Any help highly appreciated.

Thank you all.

ernieks

BFA8388D-1A8E-4249-B215-AC2393C94DB8.jpeg

76D44254-A225-4F25-B7AA-8E4F0578FD77.jpeg

Sometimes there is a hexagonal imprint at the bottom usually 4mm but sometimes they are pressed into the plastic of the endbell. When pressed in my advice is not to remove them you ll never get them back in firm again. 

In any case be sure to realign the hoods for the brushes if you in anyway move the hood plates. 

3 hours ago, Superluminal said:

Have you taken the end bell off the motor and had a look underneath?

What do you mean?

ernieks

If you can undo the tabs / screws (ive never had an acto motor) you can the slide the entire end bell out of the motor. You will then be able to see if those pegs are screwed in from underneath or swaged/pressed into the metal bell in which case not removable

And if they are pressed in there will be no way to remove them?

How do I change the metals parts with the solder tabs then?

ernieks

Ive just taken the end bell out of my Superstock TZ but ghat appears to have a hex on the end of the spring pin to unscrew it with.

Have you managed to take the end bell off the motor cylinder and havd a look? I dont have an actopower but looking at the exploded view im wondering whether the pins are just held in place by being sandwiched bewteen the two brass brush holders and the plastic ring underneath. If you can separate these the mighg drop out. All pure speculation though.

The screw heads holding the heat sinks for the brushes look a big mashed up.

On 1/20/2020 at 10:03 AM, ernieks said:

And if they are pressed in there will be no way to remove them?

How do I change the metals parts with the solder tabs then?

ernieks

I don't think you can exchange the metal parts separately. I do have a couple of Acto's. I will have a look tonight. To my knowledge, the endbell needs to be replaced as a whole. Why would you want to replace it? HAve the wire tabs broken off?

Are there any difference between pink, blue and black accept the rotor? If so, I will get a pink rotor for my black NOS one and be happy with it.

Nahh. Just seen they are not more available at my favorite store in germany. They had it for so long time...