Sign in to follow this  
simalarion

Top-Force - Probably a "bug" in the manual

Early in the manual it ask me to add the Glue Grease on these Screws(ME1 ones), turns out they are the same as the one that i need to use on the undercowl, and i was thinking this is a problem right away, and i was right, the screw wont bugde and after a short while trying a good fit star screwdriver made them round.

So i think the progress stopped there for tonight, i need some sort of tool to remove the screws and new ones. Why on earth do not the manual rather tell you to wait with the screw glue to you put the undercowl on (both in front and back)... Dammit.

Please sugest the best solution for this, if you have any?.

image.thumb.png.3ada509dd36dd92170a529e7a1c54605.png

image.png.02c02c0f588b4ef641fd7ba7f2083679.png

• Sad 1

Ouch - that is a bit pants!! There should be a note about holding off threadlock till later.

I have a set of something similar to this in my toolbox

https://www.toolstation.com/damaged-screw-remover-set/p38732?store=H1&utm_source=googleshopping&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=googleshoppingfeed&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIs6LAsMuQ5wIVibTtCh0sWw4bEAQYAyABEgKpaPD_BwE

They have a bladed edge that bites into the screw to turn it

Checked again in the manual and trhere is can stil not see any info regarding waiting, its the oposite i still only see that they want you to put on the grease glue that make the screw sit tighter and, so i would to the same error again, well **** happens.

I could manage the rear screws but i think i used more of that grease glue on front, i thought first i had them but i turned out i was screwing out the screws on the other side, so they are tight ...

Thank you for the suggestion, i would ask a local RC store if they can help me out if not i will try to by that cind of tool, thanks again.

I finished off the car either way, turned out great. So only problem is that undercowl  :) ..i will post some picture in the correct thread ..

• Like 1

Ps: Tried to edit  but the page just started blinking so i could not edit, as i often do i start a sentence then i find a better one and finish with that .. But you get my the idea i believe

Simalarion, The manual could at least warn of this BUT I would say you have put too much threadlock on the bolt/screw. You should still be able to remove the screw/bolt fairly easy even with the thread lock. Not trying to preach,i have been there and learned to go easy with it.

I might be inclined to velcro it on - at least if it catches it wont rip the plastic on the screw heads.

• Like 1

If i clean the parts out from the other side i can screw on the alminium bar, i believe that will give me a good go at them (holding the screw stick with a straight screw driver as the star is gone, and turn the allminium bar itself). What do you think?. Already ordered new screws

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F293100544867

looks just like them, so i hope they fit

• Like 1

Yes thanks for the tip, i tought about velcro it on and that will be the solution if i give this up 

• Like 1

I should have one of thses on its way to me in a couple of weeks. I will hopdfully remember this issue whdn i get there.

• Like 1

you mean "ThreadLock"? :) (Or do they actually mean grease... some aluminium screws need to be greased when going into aluminium parts to avoid seizing)

Most threadlock will release with a little heat... warm up the screw and it'll release easier. Just touch it with a warm soldering iron.

You might want to get some better tools. To mangle that screwhead that bad either your screwdriver is wornout, wrong size, not JIS or you're not pressing down hard enough so that it doesn't skip out.

• Like 1

Yes WillyChang you asume correct all the way becouse i do not know better. Yes i used a Phillips screwdriver, and yes i used ThreadLock paste an probably to much on the front as Gazzalene assumed, when you combine this it is a good reciept for round screws a Tamiya reseller told me as Tamiya use a Japan standard called JIS, as you say.

Screw drive is new (also have many, but none of the are JIS standard i am sure, at work at the moment so cant check). I belive i will have a good go at them removing all from the the other side so i can turn the Alminium bars the screws are attached to.

It is a manual error.

The JIS screws are a different dimension to Philips & Pozi. You ned the JIS Screwdriver set.

I bought the Blue one. Best thing I have bought tool wise for my kits, and I got parallel action pliers, a proper solder station, and a connector soldering block too.

• Like 1

Yes, that was the other problem, i used Phillips screwdriver. I have now orderes new screws and a Tamiya screwdriver, Thanks for info and the help.

On 1/19/2020 at 10:35 PM, simalarion said:

Ps: Tried to edit  but the page just started blinking so i could not edit, as i often do i start a sentence then i find a better one and finish with that .. But you get my the idea i believe

i thought that that just happened to me when i try edit a post it must be a problem with the site