rjoseph244510

Terra Scorcher conversion options?

Hi guys

I really want to add a Terra Scorcher to my collection but I just can't afford what people are charging for a decent one. Therefore, I was wondering if there are any cheap options open to me where I could convert a different model into a TS look-a-like. The only example I have found is where someone had converted a rere Fire Dragon. If converting a Fire Dragon is the only way then does it have to be the rere or can it be an original Fire Dragon?

Any advice would be fully appreciated

Best regards

Rod

You can convert a Fire Dragon, and it's the closest to the Terra Scorcher spec, but the parts you need to change are very rare and hugely expensive - i.e. the white wheels, rear anti roll bar, front universals and adjustable top arms/camber links. Depends what you want. Repro Terra Scorcher bodies are easy to get, and the wheels are a weird size, so getting some modern 2.2" white wheels with narrower fronts helps the handling balance and opens up tyre choice whilst keeping the colour scheme. The rear roll bar doesn't add anything to the handling either as the cars are already incredibly 'on the nose' handling wise. This just makes it worse. Top links can be made from ball ends and turnbuckes, but they won't be blue, and I think the fixed top arms work better because they help stiffen up the flexy lower arms. 

• Like 1

Any of the Thundershot family (Thundershot, ThunderDragon, Fire Dragon and Terra Scorcher) are basically the same car with a few small differences MOSTLY the body, with exception of the Terra Scorcher which has all the differences mentions By Cy above. 

As he says parts that are unique to the Terra are a nightmare to find, hence the premium for the Terra in the family. I just sold one, think it was about £100 as it had ALL the Terra bits but it was welllllll used.

Thanks for the advice guys. A little more complicated than I first thought. I'm only a novice so I may have to wait until I'm a little more confident or for an original to turn up.

Best regards

Rod

Just now, rjoseph244510 said:

Thanks for the advice guys. A little more complicated than I first thought. I'm only a novice so I may have to wait until I'm a little more confident or for an original to turn up.

Best regards

Rod

If you like the Scorcher, see about picking up a used Fire Dragon, put a Terra Scorcher repro shell on it and run it and have fun. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

If you like the Scorcher, see about picking up a used Fire Dragon, put a Terra Scorcher repro shell on it and run it and have fun. 

Yes good idea, also though don't forget to buy the terra scorcher G parts (original or shapeways 3d printed versions) so you can attach the body!

Hi guys.

I'm not sure if it was fate but I've just found and purchased an unused Terra Scorcher! I'm over the moon!

Thanks again for all of your help and advice!

Best regards

Rod

• Like 2