Sign in to follow this  
ertRob

TA07 Pro - Upgrade with Exotek bulkheads + Jazrider carbon chassis

Hi Folks, 

as per the title I'm wondering if it worths to purchase Exotek 1885 bulkheads and Jazrider carbon chassis JR-TA7CK. 

I basically already have all the possible Tamiya Hop-Up for TA07 pro and with the above two upgrade it will come similar to TA07 MS. 

As long as you know, is Tamiya planning to release any official upgrade kit to bring TA07 pro to TA07 MS? 

You can use bulkheads from Integy too.

These are very good quality and available in different colours. They are the same as the original plastic ones.

ernieks

They look nice but the main difference is that they cannot fit ball bearings for the sway bar (instead with Exotek is with ball bearing)

But regardless the brand, does it worth as an uprade or not? And what about the carbon chassis of Jazrider? 

What about the Exotek RS7 conversion? I wondered about the Jazrider chassis too as it came with more stuff and was cheaper but I have heard mixed things about Jazrider. There is also HK lab as well who do one and they have a good reputation.

I doubt Tamiya will release an upgrade kit and I don't think any of those MS parts are available separately either so aftermarket is the only way to go.

As for whether its worth it, I have no idea. Its not for me, my onroad cars didnt get out once in 2019.. I suspect the hard chassis with the carbon stiffeners will be very stiff anyway. The carbon chassis is probably lighter. Do you race or just like a hopped up shelf queen?

Hi Jonathon, I will start the racing season this year in March for the first time. 

The circuit is outdoor and I'm preparing one TA07Pro (with 10.5T motor) + one TRF419XR (with 13.5T motor). Since I never run before in a circuit, I was wondering to learn circuit with TA07 Pro and then to race with TRF419XR. 

Probably for my purpose the TA07 pro does not need additional upgrade... but with jazzrider and exotek kit it should be possible to transform it in something very close to TA07 MS but with a lower price. (------ and I like hopped up :rolleyes:)

I also checked the RS7 conversion kit but it is slightly more expensive than jazzrider and also with RS7 kit the chassis comes very similar to TRF419XR. Of course Rs7 keep the single belt design and the variable motor mount but I guess rigidity and torsional effects of RS7 is similar to TRF419XR... 

Of course it was cheaper to purchase since the beginning TA07 MS rather than TA07 pro full of hop up... but what to do now? :wacko:

• Like 1