Sign in to follow this  
Tudorp

Gold in them thar hills....

Digging though my old parts from the 80s to help a friend restore a early Wild Willy (SWB), I found Wild Willy gold. I didn't even know I had this. I must have bought it decades ago and simply forgot about it. A never installed, original Wild Willy grill!!!... There is also an original windshield frame (not WW2) cowl and other parts sprues I forgot I had.. I'm putting this in the safe. lol. 

20200123_111731.jpg

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Tudorp said:

Digging though my old parts from the 80s to help a friend restore a early Wild Willy (SWB), I found Wild Willy gold. I didn't even know I had this. I must have bought it decades ago and simply forgot about it. A never installed, original Wild Willy grill!!!... There is also an original windshield frame (not WW2) cowl and other parts sprues I forgot I had.. I'm putting this in the safe. lol. 

20200123_111731.jpg

How big is your parts stash?!  I think I know everything that I have but I only have a few bins.

Not very big. have spare gears, springs, screws and a few plastic parts. But this was a bag of original WW sprues I found that was stashed away deep in my hobby room. I came across it looking for something else. My hobby room has a lot in it because I am also an avid N scale rail road modeler, so tons of train stuff, and these sprues were deep in a large tub of train layout supplies and parts.. lol.. Not sure why, and how long it's been in there, but when I found it it was like I found a gold nugget.. lol. Found a couple very collectible locomotives I forgot I had too.. (whoot whoot). I really need to go through that room soon. No telling what else I might re-discover in there.. 

Awesome find, I don't really have a room it's more of a spot where I keep my cars and parts.  I would like to have a room one day.  I bought some rerelease kits and I have some project restorations and a few more I would like to collect.  Would he nice to have a little hobby room to work on stuff.... one day.

Someday comes when you get old and all your kids grow up and out on their own.. lol.. Somebodies room gets torn apart and turned in to Dad's (Or Grandpa's now) man cave/hobby room.. "Stop whining because, all your sister's hand paintings, and stuffed animals were either tossed in the bon fire, or sold on ebay, and her room is now your Mother's sewing room!!!" lol  We are empty nesters, so now we have plenty room for all "our" schit.. hahhah.