Hobgoblin

Harry's Things (Falcon, DF01, Blitzer parts)

y2Du2a3.jpg

Popped out another pair to test the thingiverse file, seems good so far. 

Sorry to hear about the airport struggles, that's really dreadful! Hope you end up okay! Glad you had success with the holder. I am currently working on one for the hobbywing 1060. 

• Like 3

They look great .  What did you print that at ?   Great detail .  

A little work on a part for the Falcon as it's easy to copy 

MQhBUEw.png
This holds the RX bat or the RX itself depending on how you wish to set up your electronics.

SJNCu4r.jpg?1

ee8qkEI.jpg?1

This turned out quite well. I need to tweak one detail and it's good to go. 

• Like 2

Last night I finally decided to make myself a ball differential for my Bitzer cars. I love my DF01 chassis cars and so have a lot of manta ray style ball differentials. I figured I could make my own spur gear with copied central geometry and just use the centre and drive cup hardware to be mostly off the shelf. 

GXW2ro6.jpg

Mod 0.8 51t involute gear drawn in autodesk inventor

Ls30G1r.jpg

With Manta Ray parts all screwed together, bit of a fiddly operation with a larger gear. 
CjYyv5E.jpg

khbSBOO.jpg

It fits great! there's a single high sport somewhere in the teeth but running will remove that or I might touch it up with a file. I'll probably have a run with it and see how I go then see if I can print it in nylon for a bit more strength. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Collin said:

Did you print this yellow gear?

Yes, I do lots of gears and bits and bobs for making small robots and prototypes. 

That's currently in hips which is easy while I hash out the details. It seems to handle mild power well, it's had 20 minutes of sports tuned running without complaining. Large pitch and contact patch mean even in less strong materiels it's still happy 

I'll probably switch to nylon eventually if it's going to get run a lot. Or I can just print lots of spares and rebuild on the fly. 

• Like 1

Hi Harry - I found your parts on thingiverse and then eventually found my way here. Thanks for posting those!

Someone recently gave me a Falcon that had been sitting in their garage for years. Some spare parts too, which was nice, but the first thing i did basically was search thingiverse to see what was out there (well, first I snapped the front bumper :)) Do you happen to have designed the rear suspension arms as well? I noticed both of mine are broken, but still holding on at the moment.

I am learning Fusion 360 on and off when I have time, I think I will be able to eventually get something that fits for a bumper but the rear arms are well above my ability at this point!

Thanks for sharing once again and have a great day!