Jimbothejetsetter

QD Thunder Dragon Replacement Wheels

Hello, please could anyone help, I’m after some advice on replacing the wheels on my very old QD thunder dragon? I’m looking to go brushless but the rear wheels are seriously tired. Any suggestions would be amazing. I have bought some 60D rally block tyres which I would like to still use if possible? I’m new to this and doing the build for my daughter she is 6. Thanks 

Hi Jimbo . The QD range of cars and trucks use a small hex drive on the rear axle , smaller than the usual rear hex type , so choice of wheels is limited . The T/D uses the same wheels as the Thundershot and Super Sabre QD buggies , so a search for might prove fruitful , but these are very hard to come by in a good condition let alone new . Saying that there is a guy on eBay selling some new wheels that will probably fit , although he says in the ad that they 2 rear and 1 front wheels , on inspection appears to show 2 fronts and one rear , so maybe drop him a line to confirm . There is also a set of 4 gold wheels for sale , not sure if they will fit , so again drop him a line to confirm .

• Like 1

The m- chassis racing trucks tires are a great fit on the rear rims. The m chassis rally block are great for the front.

Other alternative are the truck tires or the pin tires from ride, but hard to find.

I may have posted some pics in other threads, can't do that ATM. (SW01 LB)

Thanks to both of you for your replies. I’m in talks with the guy from eBay regarding the gold wheels for my old thunder dragon QD, fingers crossed his dimensions match mine.

• Like 1

Good luck in your search. The Thunder Shot/dragon/fire/Terra scorcher wheels and tires were not used on much else so they are not a common now. 

Will you be putting a 380 in the car for your daughter? A 6 year old with a 540 motor is a recipe for a major crash.

31 minutes ago, H22A4 said:

Good luck in your search. The Thunder Shot/dragon/fire/Terra scorcher wheels and tires were not used on much else so they are not a common now. 

Will you be putting a 380 in the car for your daughter? A 6 year old with a 540 motor is a recipe for a major crash.

The QD don't fit a 540 it's 380 only

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, waterbok said:

The QD don't fit a 540 it's 380 only

Good catch as I skipped over those two letters.  Yeah that would be good for a 6 yr old!  My post is irrelevant now.