Sign in to follow this  
SimonL

TT02RR CVA Springs

Hi All,

I’m looking for some softer springs for the CVA oil filled shocks on my TT02RR. It seems I have a couple of options - either the 53333 on-road tuned ‘short’ spring set, or the 53440 on-road spring set.

According to the website of the Dutch importer, the 53333 are 28mm long, and the 53440 are 26mm long. However I ordered a set of 53333 and they are way to short for my TT02RR.

Can someone confirm which springs I should be using? Is it right to assume that there is an error on the importer’s website, and in fact I need the 53440 springs, which are slightly longer, or do I need something completely different? If I measure the stock springs I have now, they are around 28mm in length, and the 53333 certainly are shorter......

TIA for any help

3 hours ago, SimonL said:

Hi All,

I’m looking for some softer springs for the CVA oil filled shocks on my TT02RR. It seems I have a couple of options - either the 53333 on-road tuned ‘short’ spring set, or the 53440 on-road spring set.

According to the website of the Dutch importer, the 53333 are 28mm long, and the 53440 are 26mm long. However I ordered a set of 53333 and they are way to short for my TT02RR.

Can someone confirm which springs I should be using? Is it right to assume that there is an error on the importer’s website, and in fact I need the 53440 springs, which are slightly longer, or do I need something completely different? If I measure the stock springs I have now, they are around 28mm in length, and the 53333 certainly are shorter......

TIA for any help

You definitely need 53440 as they are definitely longer than 53333. However, it should be possible to use the shorter springs just be adding preload collars to take up the space to the top of the springs. Give that a go. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the input..... looking around, maybe it’s the 53163 that I actually need?