Sign in to follow this  
mastino

Top-Force Carbon Chassis Conversion Set Item No: 47426

Hi there, I'm puzzled. This TF carbon set is supplied with the reverse pitch tie rods, as in Top Force Evolution (probably).

spacer.png

four different pairs of 42, 38, 32, 28 mm.

As for instruction supplied with the carbon chassis set, I've to use the 42 at the rear and the 32 at the front, but no mention about the 38 and 28.

TF's instructions say to use 38 in the rear, 32 in front, 42 in the steering (plus a single 38 as a steering link bar).  RESULT, one missed 38 and two 28  unusued

TFEvo's say 42 in the rear, 32 in front, 42 and a single 38 for steering. RESULT, two 42 missed and one 38 + two 28  unusued

Maybe the tie rod are only for the suspension and should not used on the steering linkage? Could it be that 38mm and 28mm are used in TA01, TA02 chassis?

Do you have any idea? Cheers!

I bought pairs of 42mm, 38mm and 32mm turnbuckles for my Top Force, that was front and rear upper arms and steering rods. I didn't do the single one off the servo, thats just a fixed length anyway

You are always going to have one left over because it doesn't need 8.

On my non-evo Top Force I did 32 rear, 28 front, 42 for the steering and it leaves you with a 38 for the middle steering linkage if you want to bother (you can never get a spanner on it to adjust it anyway so it's almost pointless but the EVO does have an adjustable one). (I personally used my spare pair of 38's as steering linkages on another bathtub chassis DF01 I have)

The difference is that the standard Top Force manual tells you to use the outer holes on the front shock mounts and the middle hole on the rear for the tie rods where as the EVO manual tells you to use the inner most rear hole and the top middle front hole, therefore the EVO tie rods can be that bit longer.

If you want it close to EVO spec I would put the 42's on the steering, then use the 38's in the rear and 32's in the front whilst moving the ball connectors inboard, then just stick the 28's in your tool box.