Tbc68

Blitzer B dampers

Can anyone point me in the direction of some decent alloy dampers for my re re BB?

cheers

Tamiya DF03 alloy shocks 53926. Stock built they are 5mm longer front and 8mm longer rear than your cva shocks, so you could try fitting them to get more ground clearance and see how that affects the handling, or add a combination of spacers from the shock parts trees and o rings to shorten the stroke to correct the length. This is what i did on my set. They are expensive in the uk but if you can wait a couple of weeks there are japanese vendors on ebay that have them for around 45 quid a set. My experience of aftermarket rc shocks isn't great, to the point that i would recommend just upgrading your cvas with better seals and oil and ball connectors will be a better job. 

• Like 2

Eagle Racing makes a superb set that I use on my Blitzer Beetle.  I originally purchased them for the price (cheaper than Tamiya's equivalent alloy shocks) but they also included 3 sets of springs to tune with.  

IMG_20200128_193653.jpg

On 1/28/2020 at 1:39 AM, ThunderDragonCy said:

Tamiya DF03 alloy shocks 53926. Stock built they are 5mm longer front and 8mm longer rear than your cva shocks, so you could try fitting them to get more ground clearance and see how that affects the handling, or add a combination of spacers from the shock parts trees and o rings to shorten the stroke to correct the length. This is what i did on my set. They are expensive in the uk but if you can wait a couple of weeks there are japanese vendors on ebay that have them for around 45 quid a set. My experience of aftermarket rc shocks isn't great, to the point that i would recommend just upgrading your cvas with better seals and oil and ball connectors will be a better job. 

On 1/28/2020 at 5:02 AM, Killajb said:

Eagle Racing makes a superb set that I use on my Blitzer Beetle.  I originally purchased them for the price (cheaper than Tamiya's equivalent alloy shocks) but they also included 3 sets of springs to tune with.  

IMG_20200128_193653.jpg

Hello

I am new to the 2012 Beetle Blitzer just got it from a friend....new to the hobby as well and going to restore it. I cannot find any updates on updating the shocks since this an old model... but  @ThunderDragonCy I do see the 53926 for sale you feel I should stay with stock....think the 53926 are bit longer too, thoughts?

@Killajb do you have a link to the exact ones you reference for f/r Eagle Racing?

Thx guys

@parcou outside of Japan, these dampers seem hard to find I'm afraid..  I've checked and haven't found anywhere they are offered.  Apologies.