moffman

Nuremberg toy fair are we going to be disappointed?

9 hours ago, lsear2905 said:

That Volvo A60H is #1 on my list, as long as they get the look and price right (I don't want portals that are going to double the price!).

I absolutely agree, portals would look silly on the Volvo A60H...

So if I could make the decisions at Tamiya about the future releases, here's my list :D :

1./ Grave Digger on TXT-2 chassis with decent body and wheels

2./ Full Option Challenger 2 MBT 1/16

3./ A 8x8 dump truck (Mercedes or Scania) 1/14

4./ IFS conversion for TT02 chassis

5./ SW-01 chassis with a comical Martini Porsche body, like on the picture... sweeeeeet :D

letöltés.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TDanny said:

I absolutely agree, portals would look silly on the Volvo A60H...

So if I could make the decisions at Tamiya about the future releases, here's my list :D :

2./ Full Option Challenger 2 MBT 1/16

My wife might not be happy with me if that happens as I would be rather tempted!  It would go well with my M1A1.

47437 Mercedes-Benz CLK-GTR 1997 (TT-01E chassis)
47442 Terra Scorcher 2020
47446 Plasma Edge II Gun Metal (TT-02B chassis)
57412 1/24 Mudmad (SW-01 chassis)
58678 Comical Avante (GF-01CB chassis)
58679 Suzuki Swift Sport (M-05L chassis)

• Like 6

Terra Scorcher.  Interesting.  A left-field choice, I think.  Don't see many on the vintage racing scene.  Tempted :)

Keen to see what a Mudmad looks like, although I don't really do small scale stuff.

16 minutes ago, Mokei Kagaku said:

47437 Mercedes-Benz CLK-GTR 1997 (TT-01E chassis)
47442 Terra Scorcher 2020
47446 Plasma Edge II Gun Metal (TT-02B chassis)
57415 1/24 Mudmad (SW-01 chassis)
58678 Comical Avante (GF-01CB chassis)
58679 Suzuki Swift Sport (M-05L chassis)

Where did that info come from?

TERRA SCORCHER!!!!!

Had to happen eventually.

MudMad, another creative designer evening at an Isakaya with loads of shochu highballs. I want that job.

😁😁😁

• Like 1

Not a bad lineup!

Terra Scorcher 2020... reckon it'll come fully loaded like the original or it'll just be a basic Thundershot rebodied.

Dunno what body to expect for MudMad but if it's 57415 does that mean it's coming as XB...

2 minutes ago, WillyChang said:

Dunno what body to expect for MudMad but if it's 57415 does that mean it's coming as XB...

Sorry, my typo! Correct is 57412, but that still leaves 57411 for an XB.

Mudmad and Comical Avante sound interesting but the rest don't exactly get my wallet twitching sadly. Wonder what Kyosho have in store... Please be an Optima Mid! 

55 minutes ago, Grotty Otty said:

Mudmad and Comical Avante sound interesting but the rest don't exactly get my wallet twitching sadly. Wonder what Kyosho have in store... Please be an Optima Mid! 

There is a Kyosho trail truck coming...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Badcrumble said:

Yes, judging by the photoshop-improved screenshots of Kyosho teaser video I've seen, it's a 1st generation Toyota 4Runner. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Badcrumble said:

Funnily enough just saw the teaser.. Not for me. Please be a Mid... 😁

I'm happy with the Terra Scorcher.  Don't have anything on that chassis so I'm a sure thing on that one.  Isn't there a reinforced part I need for the front end?

I have successfully resisted any comical buggies until now but will be awaiting the Avante pics.  I'll probably grab that or the Grasshopper which I see as the best looking of the current comical release.

Also interested in the mudman pics...I need help lol!

3 minutes ago, tamiya3speed said:

Isn't there a reinforced part I need for the front end?

Yes - but fingers crossed they might have sorted that out for the rere?

40 minutes ago, Mokei Kagaku said:

Yes, judging by the photoshop-improved screenshots of Kyosho teaser video I've seen, it's a 1st generation Toyota 4Runner. 

That’s the consensus I have seen elsewhere. Looking forward to more of your great Tamiya updates!

If that's the final list then.... meh...

I like the CLK GTR. I think it's a beautiful car, and Tamiya have done a good and faithful rendering of it. Should be pretty slippery for racers, too! Good! Haters are going to hate the TT01E, but plonk that body set on a TRF and you'll have something that looks ánd handles great.
Terra Scorcher, meh. Another re-re of a fragile 1990s buggy with limited functionality out of the box. 
A color variant of a TT02B buggy. Could be interesting for people not wanting to deal with painting body shells. They usually alter the decals for the color variants, so fingers crossed for a pretty livery.
The MudMad. Sound.... interesting. No idea what to expect. Could be great, could be awful. :D
Comical Avante. The whole Comical-range never did anything for me. Well, I'm sure it'll do great in Japan...
The Swift Sport, now there's something! On an M05 I'm not too enthusiastic about it, but as a body set on an M07 it should prove a good alternative. From the wheelbase (L) I think it's the new 2019 Swift Sport, and not a re-re of the older body styles (those were M-wheelbase). Yay on that one.

Usually Tamiya pulls out something unexpected at the show's start. I'm hoping for pictures of that Volvo dump truck thing, and of course I want to see what in tarnations a MudMad is supposed to be.

Mudmad sounds like a low-level nuisance creature in an adventure game. "Watch out for the mudmads in the Swap of Terror, they'll bite ya!"

I figured a comical 4WD buggy was forthcoming, but... Avante? Huh. Interesting choice. Anxious to see how it looks.

Terra Scorcher - probably not for me. I would have preferred a Super Sabre.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WillyChang said:

Not a bad lineup!

Terra Scorcher 2020... reckon it'll come fully loaded like the original or it'll just be a basic Thundershot rebodied.

Has to be full re re of the original. no point otherwise

Alright! I got the Thundershot chassis car I was hoping for last year and a Terra Scorcher at that. 

1 hour ago, Derka said:

Screenshot-20200128-195217.png

I'm also psyched to to see the 1/12 934 Vaillant static model. I've been interested in one of there big scale kits for some time and have always preferred the quirky Vaillant livery over the seemingly more popular Jagermeister variant. Pretty pleased to have some things to look forward to. Thanks Tamiya.:)