moffman

Nuremberg toy fair are we going to be disappointed?

Presentation presentation presentation 

Why Tamiya refuses use wide wheel hexes  to fill out these arches.. :wacko:

• Like 1

Yep. The question of whether the rear track width would be corrected is well and truly answered :(

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mokei Kagaku said:

84410277_10156538145597407_1759361781471

84398886_10156538145612407_1348353288352

Stunning, but US$250? I wonder what it'll be in the real world.

13 hours ago, Busdriver said:

I think it says blue mettalic body?

Yes, but what I meant is - is that a sticker attached to the box, or printed onto the box?  If it's a sticker then it's possible we'll get a clear version later (like Tamiya usually sticker the standard boxes for their Blue / Red / Green / Rainbow edition cars).

Hi,

the CLK GTR comes on a TT01? That means 257mm wheelbase. I remember there was once a release on the TA03 chassis, which was 237mm wheelbase, correct?

So there are two versions of the CLK GTR body?

Thank you :)

7 minutes ago, CKU87 said:

Hi,

the CLK GTR comes on a TT01? That means 257mm wheelbase. I remember there was once a release on the TA03 chassis, which was 237mm wheelbase, correct?

So there are two versions of the CLK GTR body?

Thank you :)

The TA03 with rear-mid mounted motor was available as TA03R with 257mm wheelbase and as TA03R-S with 237mm wheelbase. The original CLK GTR came on the the TA03R chassis (D2), TL01 (Originalteile) and TG10 (Sportswear), all with 257mm'ish* wheelbase. So apart from the different liveries, all three original and the re-re CLK GTR use the same body. It however existed in 1/8 scale for the TGX too, but that's a different story.

(*depending on rear hub type (different toe-in) and wheel hub width).

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Mokei Kagaku said:

The TA03 with rear-mid mounted motor was available as TA03R with 257mm wheelbase and as TA03R-S with 237mm wheelbase. The original CLK GTR came on the the TA03R chassis (D2), TL01 (Originalteile) and TG10 (Sportswear), all with 257mm'ish* wheelbase. So apart from the different liveries, all three original and the re-re CLK GTR use the same body. It however existed in 1/8 scale for the TGX too, but that's a different story.

(*depending on rear hub type (different toe-in) and wheel hub width).

Ah thanks :) Yes, the "s" makes the difference :lol: Thank you for the clarification!

12 hours ago, lsear2905 said:

Stunning, but US$250? I wonder what it'll be in the real world.

I suspect it will be not much less. At least in Germany the prices are almost the same on a higher level.

14 hours ago, Raman36 said:

Why Tamiya refuses use wide wheel hexes  to fill out these arches.. 

It's shocking isn't it? It looks terrible. Far, far worse than the jacked up rear and dodgy wheelbase of the Lancia 037.

I don't see the point of bringing out a nostalgic release, then making sure no one wants it for nostalgic purposes by compromising its looks for handling. Rere's aren't supposed to handle like a modern Tamiya, Tamiya! That's not why we buy them.

What's next? A rere of 58028 on a TT-01?

21 hours ago, Mokei Kagaku said:

As for 4Runner, the teaser video indicated a 1st gen 4Runner and not a 2nd gen like the old RV-model. As the 1st gen had a live front axle the two first model years (before going for IFS), I thought Kyosho had come up with a new 1/10'ish front/rear live axle chassis.

84564750_10156538145987407_1915647055733

I'm really interested in this, as it's the same as my 1:1.

Been eying off the 1/10 RC4wd body set of the Gen1 for a while, but can't justify the $$ right now.

Especially seeing I don't have a chassis to mount it on either. :(

18 hours ago, Blissard said:

Also the transmitter is pictured without antenna, maybe it's bluetooth or infrared.

I can't confirm 100% for this TX, but a lot of the modern 2.4G TX have the same triangle shaped nub as this.

Spektrum DX4 & DX5 which I have, don't possess the usual 4-6 inch antennae like some of the older 2.4G TX I have.

Which in turn don't have the telescoping 3 foot antennae like my older again AM radios. B)

1 hour ago, Falcon#5 said:

I can't confirm 100% for this TX, but a lot of the modern 2.4G TX have the same triangle shaped nub as this.

Spektrum DX4 & DX5 which I have, don't possess the usual 4-6 inch antennae like some of the older 2.4G TX I have.

Which in turn don't have the telescoping 3 foot antennae like my older again AM radios. B)

Thanks for the information, I've never seen one before. All my hobby stuff are from pre 2000, hehe

I was getting excited thinking that I could use playstation controller with it.

• Like 1

the only item that has my attention is the 1/14 truck hubs and i'l wait for the videos to start popping up on u-tube to see what they are

On 1/29/2020 at 10:17 PM, Raman36 said:

Why Tamiya refuses use wide wheel hexes  to fill out these arches.. :wacko:

D4950907-B777-46AB-8B40-1F035DE561C4.jpeg

It’s put me right off buying it. And I was ready to part with the cash. 

What is the rear track width meant to be as a matter of interest?

tbh most of the cars they have on at the show are all the same with the wheels/tryes sitting in the arches and i really dont like it either either as said use wider hexes or make the wheels fit better as they should be

• Like 1

The width can be easily adjusted..My complaint isAbout appearance aesthetics... But then again maybe if they made it with the wide wheel stance, people would assume those parts are included. Then again, it wouldn’t cost much to throw in a longer rear axle and a bigger hex lol.

Tamiya could just as easily used TL01 arms.  

The real question is, why did Tamiya do this when it is so easy to make it right using their own available parts.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, topforcein said:

tbh most of the cars they have on at the show are all the same with the wheels/tryes sitting in the arches and i really dont like it either either as said use wider hexes or make the wheels fit better as they should be

Totally agree, their 90's guide books had the cars looking amazing with proper stance and ride height etc. Now they look like they are just thrown together for the show. 😡😢 sorry I love Tamiya,  but massive poor show for such a big and widely accepted company within the modelling world !!

Thanks, James.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Juggular said:

Tamiya could just as easily used TL01 arms.  

The real question is, why did Tamiya do this when it is so easy to make it right using their own available parts.  

Isn't that the main turnover, selling parts to make something decent out of their kits. 😉😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/29/2020 at 3:26 PM, WillyChang said:

No it's a trade (only) fair, not a public event. It's always held in January, first show of the year around the world. Attendees go there to hobnob with colleagues and meet-n-greet all their industry peers, plan orders for the year etc. typically pretty much everything is booked in by April/May then production starts, stock gets shipped out Sept/Oct in time for leadup to Xmas toy shopping frenzy.

Toy trade is both exciting and boringly monotonous. :) 

Your comment about "monotonous" urged me to make a comment. First of all, I fully agree. Earlier, before internet and while not yet living in Germany, I went to the Nuremberg toy fair for many years. Now I live about 1 1/2 hours drive from Nuremberg and don't care to go there. Most information is available on the internet before and no later than the same day as the fair opens, including photos and pdf catalogs. Also, the Nuremberg toy fair isn't what it used to be. It occupies a much smaller area now than it did back in the "good old days".  Many companies are gone and many of the still existing ones have a bankruptcy in their recent past, making them spend much less on fair booths.

And though slightly off topic; talking about bankruptcies, Graupner went bankrupt some years ago and was "saved" by a South Korean company, as you all probably know. A few days ago, I was informed that while the South Korean "Graupner Co. Ltd." will stay in business making RC gear, the original German Graupner company will soon close, as it has been excluded from Graupner Co. Ltd.'s list of distributors. This means that the original mother company as we know it will be gone, as will all Graupner products except RC gear named "Graupner", but manufactured in and distributed from South Korea after moving production back from China. So, after Robbe's demise a couple of years ago, the second mainstay of the German RC business is soon history.

• Sad 1

Bad times. I have fond memories of their big chunky catalogues full of RC stuff - mainly boats with super scale details.

• Sad 1

Just now, Superluminal said:

Bad times. I have fond memories of their big chunky catalogues full of RC stuff - mainly boats with super scale details.

Fully agree! Graupner used to be great, but haven't been for many years now, so I will only miss Graupner of the `70-´80's and not the company Graupner or their products as they have been the last 20-30 year. 

Found the press release, btw:

GRAUPNER-Pressemeldung-NOV-2019_EN.jpg

19 hours ago, Duvetdo said:

It’s put me right off buying it. And I was ready to part with the cash. 

Yeah looks like a really good body only made a bit naff by the bicycle looking wheels on the back!:wacko:

• Like 1