moffman

Nuremberg toy fair are we going to be disappointed?

11 hours ago, Barnoid said:

Yes - but fingers crossed they might have sorted that out for the rere?

A5 for the Terra Scorcher, i doubt it. They didn't for the Thundershot or the Fire dragon.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Busdriver said:

Could the Mud/mad be the Volvo A60H?:unsure:

unlikely... SW01 (aka mini lunchbox) would need to be something blocky... something more Rubix cube than a Volvo even :) 

Whats that beige little mini 4WD thingy called... it didn't have any RC or larger version, it held 2 spare AAs on the body.

Wild Saurus?

i keep thinking of that

4 hours ago, GTodd said:

A5 for the Terra Scorcher, i doubt it. They didn't for the Thundershot or the Fire dragon.

Well then, at least someone aftermarket will make a little cash ;-)

4 hours ago, WillyChang said:

Whats that beige little mini 4WD thingy called... it didn't have any RC or larger version, it held 2 spare AAs on the body.

Wild Saurus?

i keep thinking of that

:blink:

83223539_2527723724021215_37631327270757

pic from @Mokei Kagaku but you can't blame him!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Interesting to see the Mudmad but it's not for me.  Since the scaler craze has taken off the market is saturated with low-grade generic aggressive off-road truck bodies and this is just another neither-here-nor-there 4x4 type thing, albeit at a smaller scale.  That said, it's got the right cutesy look and will probably do well in the domestic market.  It might even be good fun, but I can't work out what 1:10 body to plonk over it :p 

Volvo tow truck is a curveball.  Around 2 years ago I considered building my Grand Hauler as a tow truck (or wrecker, as they seem to be called these days).  I figured out how to make a working boom and mentally sketched up some body panels.  Then suddenly every man and his dog were building wreckers, so I abandoned the idea and moved onto something different.  I wonder if Tamiya have noticed the trend and are cashing in before it gets old?  Sure they'll have saved money by re-using an old FH16 body and maybe the tipper mechanism can be repurposed for a wrecker boom for not much cash.

1 minute ago, berman said:

Yup, where do I sign up?

EHq2Unu.jpg

N9Aui41.jpg

Noice👍🏻
I hope the postie has had his Weetbix before he/she has to deliver one 😳

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That's a very nice tow truck assembly...  Not fussed by the Volvo, but...  I wonder if they'll be available separately?  All those people who worked hard to build their own custom wreckers will have to but up with the non-toolies showing up with an off-the-shelf product now.  Glad I didn't bother  :p 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

There is a Kyosho trail truck coming...

17 hours ago, Mokei Kagaku said:

Yes, judging by the photoshop-improved screenshots of Kyosho teaser video I've seen, it's a 1st generation Toyota 4Runner. 

It's a Mini Z

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, dc-arena said:

911 GT1! Wow!

TT01 or 02, I assume?

Nop :) TA-03R-S

And yes, looks like a reissue of XV-01 long damper too.

11 minutes ago, TWINSET said:

It's a Mini Z

Noooooooo! :o I thought Kyosho was up to something really good! Not saying that Mini-Z is bad, but how much better wouldn't a 1/10 4Runner have been?

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, mindauxx said:

Nop :) TA-03R-S

And yes, looks like a reissue of XV-01 long damper too.

No way! Cool! :) 

Thanks!

Oh that's a Volvo A60H? Very nice but not my thing and that madmud thing again very good its tamiya probably looking forward which isn't a bad thing but I'll pass on them:unsure: the terra scorcher is the one for me I definitely think? and that Volvo tow truck looks fantastic and I bet it's as impressive in the flesh but I'm thinking a hefty price tag? So that rules that one out for me sadly:rolleyes:! (I apologise I've used a lot of "buts") 

1 hour ago, Mokei Kagaku said:

Noooooooo! :o I thought Kyosho was up to something really good! Not saying that Mini-Z is bad, but how much better wouldn't a 1/10 4Runner have been?

with CCVT gearbox? :) 

Meh MiniZ is cool too, looks like all new chassis not a rehash of old Monster truck MiniZ from 20yrs ago.

Theres also a Jimny Sierra body, wonder if it's shorter wheelbase.

Good timing, I was just missing my tiny Losi micro crawler. It's great fun crawling over the couch & lounge :) regret selling it. Or I think I sold it :( haven't seen it for years, but don't remember who could've bought it. Hmm...

• Like 2

Volvo 6wd looks awesome, but the SW01 MadMud looks SOOOO disappointing... Dozens of classic Tamiya designs to choose from and they come out with that? 😥

• Like 1

Looks like the TT-02 SR is still a let down to be honest. Why is it so hard for Tamiya to include at least the aluminum steering set, all blue aluminum turnbuckles and TRF dampers on the SR kit? Everybody knows how lousy the plastic steering set is. People are willing to spend extra bucks to have a complete kit with hop-ups rather than buying them separately. They did it with the Pro version of the TB and TA series so why can't they do it in the TT? :wacko:

Mixed emotions about this:

The comical stuff doesn't appeal to me at all, but if it gets kids into RC then I'm all for it. However, they need to follow it up with some kick-a-double-snakes buggies for them (and us) to grow into.

Mudmad - meh.

New bodies on same old M and TT chassis - yes they look nice (especially the Ghia) but it's just making the most of the licencing costs and isn't anything new underneath to get excited about.

Terra Scorcher re-re - this is one of the cars I had when I was a kid and have debated buying a replacement for over the years but have held off ( to a point - bought a wreck, worked out too much to restore) so this does interest me a bit. However, it's still basically a re-re of a re-re Thundershot so is in essence the same thing they are doing with the new bodies on the M and TT chassis.

Now, I'm loving the FH16, but...... as I don't own any other trucks I could see it being a seriously deep hole to oil myself up to slide into (sorry for the mental image there) as it would, a; not be a cheap purchase, especially with the sound module, lights, tonnes of custom parts any self respecting "wrecker" should have, and b: obviously would require a Grand Hauler with trailer (and more custom parts) to complete the mobile diorama. However, as the Grand Hauler would be broken down it wouldn't need a sound module or lights, so I'd actually be saving money......:P

I'm really glad Tamiya are still producing quality stuff and I appreciate the fact they cater for us looking to relive our childhood memories and get kids interested at the same time, but I just find myself wishing they would just go nuts and make a crazy cool spanking new Avante-esque buggy or something equally mad to get excited about.

• Like 2