moffman

Nuremberg toy fair are we going to be disappointed?

It's coming up to the Nuremberg toy fair (according to the website next week) are we going to be disappointed i kinda have been since the avante/super hotshot year 2012 it's all been a bit mundane and last year was probably the dullest but that's just my opinion? I'm sure people will have a hopeful wish list on the top of mine is another release of the dyna stom! What's everyone else's hopefuls?

• Like 2

I'm hoping we see a CC02 released with a better body so I can push myself to buy it. Still waiting for another Thundershot chassis buggy or a Falcon. Vanquish might be a possibility. Honestly, things have gotten quiet on the re-re front so I don't expect much. Probably new bodies dropped on TT02s and, at best, second re-releases of already re-re'd classics. Aside from the Super Astute and CC02, Tamiya has done precious little to inspire me of late. Hoping for the best but not betting on it.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, CoolHands said:

Monster truck! Juggxrnaught or TXT 

Man I'd be all in for the Juggernaut, the TXT I'd very surprised given the TXT2 is very close to it.

• Like 1

I wanna see...

another sibling for Mini Lunchbox! eg mini Pumpkin? Mini Wheeler? Mini FarmKing?

another CC02... perhaps a SWB variant. Stick a hardbody on it like Amigo Mu or Wrangler even better. 

another TT01 euro racing truck with different body mold. Or have they no 3rd shape racing truck in the series? Or has the fad passed & Nobodys buying/racing those anymore.

another chassis with portals :D how about MF01X-TR?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, WillyChang said:

I wanna see...

another sibling for Mini Lunchbox! eg mini Pumpkin? Mini Wheeler? Mini FarmKing?

...or a mini 8x8 army truck based on 2xSW-01chassis...:D

And I cant' wait to see the new Volvo a60h based on the G6-01 chassis... I want...I want... please Tamiya!

• Like 3

Its a few years since theTop Force re-re-release, so maybe time for the Evo ?

Other than that i expect to be disappointed yet again

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Percymon said:

Its a few years since theTop Force re-re-release, so maybe time for the Evo ?

Other than that i expect to be disappointed yet again

Just like the Avante 2001 body was a half baked  Rere I bet the carbon chassis was a half baked evo Rere kind of. 

• Like 1

I would like to see some old touring car bodies like the Volvo 850 or Nissan Primera. The chassis beneath is not so important for me.

What I'm really curious about this year is the Volvo A60H.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Are they gonna provide more details on the TA03R-S rere?

16 hours ago, WillyChang said:

another CC02... perhaps a SWB variant. Stick a hardbody on it like Amigo Mu or Wrangler even better.

I tihnk a CC02 Wrangler is a foregone conclusion, eventually. But probably only after 100 people on crawler forums do it themselves first.

6 hours ago, 78Triumph said:

Comical Clod Buster

So... a Clod Buster?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, markbt73 said:

8 hours ago, 78Triumph said:

Comical Clod Buster

So... a Clod Buster?

So does that mean a Comical Clod Buster would NOT bop and bounce around to differentiate it from a normal Clod Buster?

• Haha 1

I'd like to see the C-cars make a return, ideally the C11 as I am on a bit of a Mercedes mission at the moment...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CoolHands said:

How come no one ever asks for a TA04? (I have one lol)

Too old for serious racing, too young for that sweet, sweet nostalgia that's been going 'round here. 

I'd love to see a re-re of the old shape Mini Coopers. But seeing as how they lost the BMW licensing I can't see that happening any time soon. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, geniusanthony said:

QD body and gf01tr. Lunchy tires...

Not comical enough that just as the QD is made with lunchbox tires.

• Like 1

Black Foot re-release Black Edition.  You know it'll happen.

• Like 2

@Aerobert I would LOVE a Volvo 850 body - especially if it was the wagon!

@WillyChang My mini Lunchbox needs a friend, so definitely would love something else on the same chassis.

@TDanny That Volvo A60H is #1 on my list, as long as they get the look and price right (I don't want portals that are going to double the price!).

7 hours ago, CoolHands said:

How come no one ever asks for a TA04? (I have one lol)

Coming after the iconic unique TA03, the TA04 was a total sellout to Conservative Conventionalism :P pretty much cribbed off everything else ppl were racing, led by HPI RS4... so it rates poor on the Uniqueness scale.

Has a lot of issues if you actively run it :( not an easy car to setup & maintain. Most TA04 kits needed a big bunch of hopups to get then handling adequately; chassis' original design didn't generate much grip. Adding every vital hopup easily doubled kits price, even on the PRO (which didn't even get TRF shocks! Only plastic CVAs)

Have bought every variant from TA04PRO to TA04 no suffix (F360) then TA04R and TA04S and finally TA04SS just for completeness. Used to have runners for each; have moved most of those on leaving only some NIBs for posterity. 

If it's time for reres from that era, I want TRF 404 & TRF 414 :D 

hey maybe Tech Racing should get into the rere game too ;) 

Actually re-releasing some of the 90s TC bodies would be nice.  I have an unpainted Primera body that I paid a fair whack for but just can't bring myself to paint it.  The vintage TC scene is fairly hot at the moment, Primera and Volvo would probably sell well, at least initially.

• Like 1