Sign in to follow this  
simalarion

The Grasshopper "Golden" version (Pictures)

Hi,

Thought i start this Hobby again with my first RC The Grasshopper, only this time 20 years after i do it myself i try to do it exaclty as i wanted it to be. I bought som "mods" but at the end i fell most of them where a bit waste of money. Its not many oil dampers that fit and the one i found are quite ****ty and do not hold the oil, so its really just a better looking "feather" spring damper.

Colours - pearl white - Pearl Clear - Gold Metallic - Black & Gun Metall

Been out for many spins already, and i think i even like it better now than i did as a kid, hope you like it to:

image.thumb.png.17452e1a79eac0e22471cb22f52d2c34.png

• Like 3

And one of the hole thing. I started on Top-force after i was done with this, that Buggy looks Amazing, a very nice kit (i am soon done with it). So for the last Grasshopper pic:

image.thumb.png.b229d58cb843d4a86ab404ad915cb675.png

• Like 3

That pearl white looks great. And the bronze/gold parts really suit it - are the shocks leaking because the o rings are no good?

Are the wheels painted or alloy?

• Like 1

Thank you :).

Combination of bad rubber band On top and Terrible «threads» on screws on top (very loose), i just gave them up after filling the threads with thin paper so it would stay shut, so as a oil damper they are useless and i got my money back right away so i felt like the seller was aware of the poor quality.

• Like 1

You didn't install full Ballbearings? Looks like white bushing peeking from wheel 

BBs should be first mandatory upgrade, before worrying about shocks etc.

Even for shelfqueens :P 

7 hours ago, WillyChang said:

You didn't install full Ballbearings? Looks like white bushing peeking from wheel 

BBs should be first mandatory upgrade, before worrying about shocks etc.

Even for shelfqueens :P 

Yes, as i wrote this is my first kit so when i ordered from Time Tunnel i had no idea what i needed. But this time around with Top-Force i bought i full bearing set for the kit. I will probably buy bearings for the Grasshopper to now and first just change out the one on the wheels and change out the rest later. But yes, you see the plastic ones.

Thinking about it the Top-Force had "bronze" plates instead of real bearings, but i ques those are better than The Grasshopper plastic ones, i may try to use those ....

Nah, just get ballbearings - they're dirt cheap nowadays like $1ea or less.

Back in the 80s when Grasshopper was new, 1150 bearings were like $10ea. Yeah sure they were usually good Japanese brands like SKF and they were only $10ea because they're "hobbygrade" factory rejects... you'd pay $30 for one "instrument grade" good example. At $10/bearing a full set would cost more than the $80 for the Grasshopper kit!!

Bronze "oil lite" bushings are for areas of higher stress. But they're also more aggressive on wearing out your shafts faster; plastic wears itself away faster.

• Like 1

The price is not a issue no, for Top-Force i bough a complete set for under 20$

image.png.7824cee0f76a6f292cb520d22938c91a.png

So at the end i will give the Grasshopper the love it deserve, take it appart and put inn bearings like this in the gear box and the wheels.  Thanks for the information  and tips