simalarion

New Tamiya kit that suit my kids best-suggestions?

Hi

I would like the next kit to be something my daughers would like, i would really like to se them get interested in RC, i just made a "The Grasshopper" (can see it in the Vintage section) but i do not want my kids to ruin that one as it was the kit i always wanted perfect as i kid as i saw other kids had it (i had Black Foot).

I belive i have to paint it pink with pearl clear and i was thining directly at Wild Willy, but what abut the Commical ones?, i believe they very simmilar to how the Wild Willy works?, also the Holliday Buggy?, or the Tractor versions maybe?.

Suggestions for a fun kit for my kids? (it has to suit pink hehe).

Comical ones are great fun, the stock (rear) tires however don't have much traction on slippery surfaces.

Sofar four different models 

Grasshopper, Hornet, Frog and Avante(new and 4wd)

They do come standard with oil shocks (big plus) and option to pop in LED.

Mad Bull or lunchbox could be another possibility. (Anything big wheels)

• Like 1

Hi, I was literally asking the same question last week. I ended up with a (as yet unbuilt) Comical Grasshopper. The chassis for the comicals is is a slightly modified WR02 that underpins the Wild Willy (WR02CB). Ticked my boxes as being fun, and robust. If pink is the colour, the Comical Frog is the obvious way to go - I got the Comical Grasshopper as it was on heavy discount.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, waterbok said:

Grasshopper, Hornet, Frog and Avante(new and 4wd)

Do you mean Comical Avante???... or just simple Avante? 

• Confused 1

A DT03 is the best first car imo, great value for money, loads of hop ups as they get faster, and you can paint it the frog colours. 👍

• Like 3

Avante would be much later my daugher is only 5 but i want to introduce here to RC now. Avante would be my High end car, if i one day should find a nice price etc :), but I know there is a cheaper Avante version out there, but it is not a Comical version i think(?), maybe thats the one your thinking on.

I checked the other RC andi think the way to go would be Mad Bull and Comical Grasshopper (also as i already have The Grasshopper it couild be fun driving those togheter). I already tought about Lunch box but actually i think that would be a more fun car for me?.

Thanks for all the suggestions, i will start looking for a good price on those :) .

27 minutes ago, TDanny said:

Do you mean Comical Avante???... or just simple Avante? 

Yep comical, tamiya is doing a version on the GF01 4wd chassis. Just got announced today. Hope we will here more the following days.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, simalarion said:

Avante would be much later my daugher is only 5 but i want to introduce here to RC now. Avante would be my High end car, if i one day should find a nice price etc :), but I know there is a cheaper Avante version out there, but it is not a Comical version i think(?), maybe thats the one your thinking on.

I checked the other RC andi think the way to go would be Mad Bull and Comical Grasshopper (also as i already have The Grasshopper it couild be fun driving those togheter). I already tought about Lunch box but actually i think that would be a more fun car for me?.

Thanks for all the suggestions, i will start looking for a good price on those :) .

No really a comical version, I have the other version you mention that is the QD.

The comical just got announced.

33 minutes ago, waterbok said:

Yep comical, tamiya is doing a version on the GF01 4wd chassis. Just got announced today. Hope we will here more the following days.

Oh, got to check that out also, thanks for the info

23 minutes ago, simalarion said:

I cant find any picture on the Comical Avante, are there any?

Not yet but is is being unveiled at the Nuremberg toy show so in the next day or so.

Will chime in to support end point adjustment on your transmitter. I got a fly sky gt3b for this reason and have been pleased with it. It comes with different sizes of grip to help smaller hands, too. Only downside is that I think kids might find sticks more intuitive than a wheel, and  they can work a stick transmitter while resting it in the ground, which I’ve found useful. I spent loads of time researching transmitters for smaller hands, and nothing is conclusive, so if you can find a shop with a good range that your daughter can try out, that’s the best route. But EPA is a milust.

Car? The comical range are huge fun and my daughter and her friends love them. You get a couple of bonus stickers depicting the finish model too, and you’ll know the value of stickers to kids that age 😊.

Comical Avante not due til Autumn, and looks like the shell is pre-painted blue.

• Like 1

Many places this has a VERY nice price compared to the qality and what you get included with it (Lipo Battery, 3 channel receiver), it i quite small so i think this is the one for children i you ask me (have not seen anything smaller):

image.png.156d889830cb87f674e8a257fa4e7fb5.png