GTodd

Terra Scorcher 2020!!

This was just shared on the Tamiya Legends Facebook page. Apparently Tamiya base is reporting that the Terra Scorcher is coming out for 2020!!!!! Looks like I'll be building my Thunder Shot as a Thundershot now!!!!

I always loved the Terra Scorcher, one of the many I'd stare at for hours in the catalogues :D

Has it ever been re-released before? I was hoping for a Fire Dragon, but this would be even better!

I am fingers crossed for a couple of more modern hop ups like they did for manta ray. Maybe a good run of DF03 or Vanquish white wheels to run better tyres, maybe an official prop shaft update (given i proved you can make one from supershot outdrives and a tt02 shaft). Maybe a run of Egress Hicaps as they were mentioned as an official hop up in the original manual. Would be nice to see a little bit of imagination on this. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

I am fingers crossed for a couple of more modern hop ups like they did for manta ray. Maybe a good run of DF03 or Vanquish white wheels to run better tyres, maybe an official prop shaft update (given i proved you can make one from supershot outdrives and a tt02 shaft). Maybe a run of Egress Hicaps as they were mentioned as an official hop up in the original manual. Would be nice to see a little bit of imagination on this. 

The modern hopups for the Manta ray actually we're old hopups most that came with both the Top Forces. But some new production runs would be great.

Yess I was hoping for a thundershot series car, so now I know what car wil be my next to buy.:)

• Like 1

I'm so excited!!!! Looks like it'll be two new dc this year!

• Like 1

Woo hoo no more $50 bumpers, $50 white wheels, $200 bodies!!!!! I'm going to have fun with my current build. Maybe I'll do Gunmetal with custom MCI decals for the body.

• Like 2

Somehow, I felt it was time for something on the thundershot chassis. Cool, I'll be able to offer my vintage one a new body!

Great news!!
I have a question for those familiar with the Thundershot series. I am still hoping for a re release of the Thundershot at some stage. With the pending arrival of the 2020 Terra Scorcher, would it simply be a case of buying a new repro body shell and decals to convert a Terra Scorcher to Thundershot (or even Fire Dragon)? Is the chassis identical in every respect with no extra parts or bodywork alterations required?

Feedback much appreciated.

16 minutes ago, Nova1 said:

Great news!!
I have a question for those familiar with the Thundershot series. I am still hoping for a re release of the Thundershot at some stage. With the pending arrival of the 2020 Terra Scorcher, would it simply be a case of buying a new repro body shell and decals to convert a Terra Scorcher to Thundershot (or even Fire Dragon)? Is the chassis identical in every respect with no extra parts or bodywork alterations required?

The chassis is identical to the Fire Dragon except that has solid top arms (which will be in the scorcher kit) and the rear anti roll bar. The Thundershot and Thunder Dragon use a front monoshock and the narrower rear shock mount, but the scorcher setup is better so cut the Thunder shells to suit 

56 minutes ago, Nova1 said:

Great news!!

The Thundershot was rere'd around 2005. 

The thunder shot was the last rc buggy that bought when I was young before I had to grow up and move away from home to start the life of work:mellow:  so I have fond memories of that chassis i didn't have the success I had in my local club that I had with the boomerang it replaced but that could have been because I didn't really put the effort into it because I knew it was the end of that chapter of my life! So this terra scorcher might make it's way into my rc garage;)!

Looking at the show pictures, looks to have adjustable turnbuckles over originals plain  threaded rod, and gone are the blue 6mm rod ends. Wonder what else may have changed? Maybe just preproduction differences.

2 hours ago, DGunn1 said:

Looking at the show pictures, looks to have adjustable turnbuckles over originals plain  threaded rod, and gone are the blue 6mm rod ends. Wonder what else may have changed? Maybe just preproduction differences.

Man looks like I'm buying another Clod buster parts.tree!

Dare we hope that Tamiya have fixed or improved known weak spots, such as A5?  I have an original Thundershot that has never been run and has sat on a shelf forever.  The A5 part still broke.  It literally grew old and then died.  It just broke apart without provocation.  I've had more stable girlfriends.

• Haha 2

Its those screw shafts! Puts loads of pressure on the mounting holes. Use e clip shafts instead.