GTodd

Terra Scorcher 2020!!

Received my Terra Scorcher last week and planning to start build. Just contemplating best way to paint driver/chassis cover. I was thinking of painting the driver with acrylic brush on paint from the inside and then spraying the entire underside with black PS paint directly over the acrylic. Just wondering if anyone has had bad experience with PS paint in direct contact with acrylic paints? I understand that PS paint is designed to etch into a surface.

Any comments much appreciated 

• Like 1

The way you suggest is the correct method I feel - I have taken the easy option to avoid some tricky masking! I have brush painted the acrylic paint and it seems to have adhered well - just have to spray now with the PS. 

Who is a good source of Terra Scorcher spare parts in the UK? Ebay has some rip off pricing these days. Wish we had Tamico and Modellblau Seidel equiv here. 

18 hours ago, Avante2001R said:

Who is a good source of Terra Scorcher spare parts in the UK? Ebay has some rip off pricing these days. Wish we had Tamico and Modellblau Seidel equiv here. 

I have always found Tonys Tamiya Parts on ebay fair on price (not the cheapest, not ridiculous) and very good service. What are you after in particular. Even despite the rerelease there are a few bits like the bumper and b parts which have been hard to get for a while so will command higher prices. 

Tony’s Tamiya parts are great for sourcing anything that is official Tamiya and in production.  Anything that is not in his shop but has a 5 digit part number - he can source.  He’s an official distributor AFAIK.  As for Terra Scorcher parts, it’s just out so I’d suspect shell, wheels etc will follow soon - although with rumours their factory in the Philippines being closed due to the pandemic it could be a few months. Maybe message him. 

1 hour ago, Avante2001R said:

I mean £15 for two wheels? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/223987253745 Places like Tamico would sell them a lot less and also places like RC Mart. 

These guys were selling bog roll for £20 recently, I saw it on here, sure it was them???

Can anyone back me up on this?

3 hours ago, PaulRC10 said:

Tony’s Tamiya parts are great for sourcing anything that is official Tamiya and in production.  Anything that is not in his shop but has a 5 digit part number - he can source.  He’s an official distributor AFAIK.  As for Terra Scorcher parts, it’s just out so I’d suspect shell, wheels etc will follow soon - although with rumours their factory in the Philippines being closed due to the pandemic it could be a few months. Maybe message him. 

If the Philippines factory is indeed, closed, they should be back in operation (not sure if full or limited capacity) after May 15... as the government is lifting some of their quarantine guidelines... 

I'm still waiting for a confirmation if my contact can actually source me a Terra Scorcher, but he told me that delivery might be sometime in June or July... 

13 minutes ago, wolfdogstinkus said:

These guys were selling bog roll for £20 recently, I saw it on here, sure it was them???

Wow Whats that all about then?? Jumping on the bandwagon of price gouging. That’s how you loose all credibility and respect!! 

Wow Whats that all about then?? Jumping on the bandwagon of price gouging. That’s how you loose all credibility and respect!! 

Yes it was them. Confirmed above.

Use Tonystamiya parts, I think Jadlam have been good as well. 

I’d imagine a ‘joke’ way to get traffic, seen it on a few occasions since the toilet roll fiasco.

No chance it was legit act to sell for that!

2 hours ago, wolfdogstinkus said:

Yeah it was them probably lost a lot more in orders than what they made on the bog roll?........I can never understand why people do that it's so counterproductive! 

• Haha 1

On 6/1/2020 at 7:04 PM, MICHAELs TopForce17 said:

Just noticed a new A5 part from xtra speed.

Untitled.png

Had one of these delivered today. Took almost 2 weeks from rcmart.

Looks a nice piece. Not built the Terra Scorcher yet though so can't say any more than that.

• Like 1

On 6/1/2020 at 2:04 PM, MICHAELs TopForce17 said:

Just noticed a new A5 part from xtra speed.

Untitled.png

I too have ordered one a couple weeks ago, should be here any day now. Seems like a legit piece indeed.

Man I came here to ask the question,.looks like you all are thinking the same. Where the heck are the spare parts??!!!

4 hours ago, GTodd said:

Man I came here to ask the question,.looks like you all are thinking the same. Where the heck are the spare parts??!!!

Some are breaking full kits and making huge mark ups like that model zone shop selling toilet rolls.

57 minutes ago, MICHAELs TopForce17 said:

rcmart has spares but shipping may take a while. 

Oh man I just wanted the CVDs and the bumper, back order. Ugh!

7 hours ago, GTodd said:

Oh man I just wanted the CVDs and the bumper, back order. Ugh!

You don't need the vintage terra scorcher cvds. Any modern tamiya cvd (DF01/2/3, DT02/3) will fit. I have 53791 in the front of my Thunder Dragon. As for bumpers, that was the hardest spare to find for the chassis for about a decade. I guess you have been beat to the punch by all the Thundershot chassis owners snapping up spares the moment the became available. 

• Like 1

I just noticed that the Terra Scorcher adjusters are now in Black instead of Blue.