GTodd

Terra Scorcher 2020!!

On 7/4/2022 at 12:09 PM, Saito2 said:

Thanks for the tip. I had no idea Hicaps were so ill-suited to the front of the Terra Scorcher. Odd, considering Tamiya used to recommend them in the Optional Parts section of the original manual for the Terra Scorcher. Sorry if I led Kol astray. Again, thanks for the correction.

The mini hicaps are specifically indicated as being a hop up on the back of the original mini hi cap card. I run them on my rere ts with zero issue. Chassis bottoms out before the arms/shocks do . The mini hicaps are the EXACT length as the stock yello mini cv shocks. 

On 7/4/2022 at 2:09 PM, Saito2 said:
On 7/4/2022 at 12:55 PM, dannymulder said:

Even with the spring tensioners on those front shocks, you have to build them with an 6mm spacer to fit this chassis, and even with the cupped spring retainer there is not al lot of travel in this shock for this chassis, with the suspension arms horizontal you are allready at the end of the shock travel, the tamiya 53155 are way better for the front end of this chassis the are the correct lenght and have a lot of travel.

I used the hi cap without a spacer and used an long eyeled and used as a monoshock set up for my firedragon, then they have enough travel to bottom out nicely.

so my opinion the hi caps are not the best way to go,  if you want 4 shock set up, then there are better options  for the front shocks of the car, the rears are fine and have enough travel in them.

Thanks for the tip. I had no idea Hicaps were so ill-suited to the front of the Terra Scorcher. Odd, considering Tamiya used to recommend them in the Optional Parts section of the original manual for the Terra Scorcher. Sorry if I led Kol astray. Again, thanks for the correction.

2 hours ago, GTodd said:

The mini hicaps are specifically indicated as being a hop up on the back of the original mini hi cap card. I run them on my rere ts with zero issue. Chassis bottoms out before the arms/shocks do . The mini hicaps are the EXACT length as the stock yello mini cv shocks. 

Hey, don't ask me. I always figured mini Hi Caps were fine. It was dannymulder that had issues fitting them. Perhaps you can ask him to compare notes with you @GTodd so no one gets the wrong info. I can't afford extras like Hi Caps which means I should have probably kept my mouth shut rather than joining the discussion in any way. Sorry for any trouble/confusion that I may have added.

On 12/17/2022 at 11:56 PM, Kol__ said:

Indeed, those white wheels look great on the Terra Scorcher mate👍🏻 What pin spike tyres are those?

They are:

Schumacher Mini Spike 2 Front Buggy Tyres - Blue - 1 Pair (U6517)

SKU: SCH-U6517

1 £5.62

Schumacher Mini Spike 2 Rear Buggy Tyres - Blue - 1 Pair (U6518)

SKU: SCH-U6518

1 £5.99

Schumacher Foam Tyre Insert; Med - Front - CAT (pr)

SKU: SCH-U6733

1 £1.49

Schumacher Foam Tyre Insert; Med - Rear - CAT (pr)

SKU: SCH-U6734

Bought from Make It, Build It a couple of years ago.

1 £1.49
  • Thanks 1