Tudorp

Wild Willy Re-pop tires.

I just got these in from China today. I have to say, I am impressed. These are REALLY nice tires. Can't wait to put them on my 36 year old SWB Willy. 

20200128_162104.jpg

• Like 3

Seller in china has a mold and makes them. $50 shipping included for the set. A little more if you need the inserts also.  Not near my laptop, but will give you the link in the morning.

• Like 1

Are they for a different diametre wheel than the normal sand tyres on the grasshopper and sandscorcher?

I bought Hilux and Bruiser tires from that seller many years ago, quality is really good and sidewall letters on Hilux tires are really sharp like the original one.

I think he has made the smaller ones for sand scorcher too if my memory serves. Here is the link with the seller. He shows not to have any more right now, but hopefully he will be making more soon. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tires-set-for-Tamiya-Blazing-Blazer-58029-Wild-Willy-I-58035/272674549143?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

New repops mounted on a 36 year old wheel. Now if I had a set of new wheels to match them..lol. 

20200129_075705.jpg

• Like 2

I only needed 2, so I asked the seller if he'd sell just 2, but he refused...<_<

He has other rare tires reproduced, like HiLux and Rough Rider /FAV front tires.  If I remember correctly he'd occasionally run out and make them again.  I hope he's not sick with that new virus...

He has been on vacation per his email the last I talked to him. I think he may be back by now tho. Sounds like a really nice guy, and very responsive. He replied to an inquiry of mine while he was on vacation, so that says a lot. I think $50 for a set of 4 is a really fair price, so it would be worth it for you to go ahead and buy a set and have a spare pair for yours. I hope he keeps making reproductions. I might need him again if I find me a sand scorcher. 

• Like 1