Busdriver

TT-02 S Rear Toe in

Is it possible to reduce the toe in to either 1 or even 0 degrees. I know it will affect the handling but I may be fitting 31mm wheels and tyres with an offset of between 0 and +4 to fill out the arches of a Camaro body. This will accentuate the toe in and spoil the look of the car?

I think yeah racing do a kit with some clampy wedge things that increase or decrease the toe by moving the hinge pins in and out

Yes, I do this all the time. You'll need a second part BB27 to replace part BB28. This will bring the arms back parallel and remove the toe in. Then you'll need to correct the wheelbase - cut the sleeves off the BB26 shaft adaptors which will allow you to move the arms further forward, and then using spacers (I use Tamiya 53539) you can fine tune the wheelbase.

It'll look something like this:

tt-02-type-s-remove-toe-in.thumb.jpg.7159ffae3072553c55ff9e866ac6481c.jpg

• Thanks 1

Thanks to @Truck Norris and @Superluminal. Two diferent ways of acheiving the same thing. TN version will allow 0 degrees but the S version min 1 degree. Will have to see what to do when I have wheels etc but for now thanks again

Also to add, it's possible to do this for next to nothing if you can make the additional front suspension mount instead of buying one. I've made a few from layering styrene, rounding the edges and drilling the holes, but you could use alu if you had the means.

7 hours ago, Truck Norris said:

Also to add, it's possible to do this for next to nothing if you can make the additional front suspension mount instead of buying one. I've made a few from layering styrene, rounding the edges and drilling the holes, but you could use alu if you had the means.

I was wondering about that. I have some thin aluminium and some thick styrene 🤗

On 1/31/2020 at 3:46 PM, Quailane said:

One last way to reduce rear toe is to use 1, 2, or 3 degree rear uprights on the wrong side. 

That’s what I do with mine. I have the 3deg rear mount and then use 2deg uprights the wrong way.

Tamiya have just released a new mount with adjustable rear toe. It’s included in the new TT02SR kit but no seperate part number at this time.

You'll need a second part BB27  Only problem is you seem to have buy front and rear together. You can get rear on its own but can’t find front. Have sent email to Tony to see what he can source? I’m also going to play around with styrene and metal to see what I can come up with