Just checking some emails before heading out with my next load, I had a sad one from Mild to Wild based in Brisbane are closing near the end of February. 
Bloomin’ shame I’ve bought a fair bit from them. 
Due to family apparently not because they are struggling. 

https://www.mildtowildrc.com.au/

• Sad 1

That's a shame alright... their stock lineup is pretty good.

Is everything on their website actually in inventory? 

Maybe be somebody local should offer to takeover!! :) 

31 minutes ago, WillyChang said:

Is everything on their website actually in inventory?

I'm wondering the same.

If it is, I'm ready to hit the button.

Thanks, but Falc please go ahead - already got far more than enough (or rather No Space/Time/¥¥¥ for any more).

$150 is pretty sharp, LHS down here quoting 20% off to $183. Perhaps distributor is overstocked on them :) and wants to clear space for C.Avante. (Oz RRP for C.GH seems stuck on $229, whereas C.Hornet & C.Frog are $249.) C.Hornet down 20% to $199; hmm yay they've received C.Frog shipment this week - boo no 20% off.

that is a shame, I got my re-re Blackfoot from them. Must now resist the urge to check out any specials.

Hmm... website inventory feels like its decently savvy, could well be real time with their POS. C.GH has 7 units, C.Hornet ($225) 3 left. Postage $17 std, $53 express to vic. 

4 hours ago, yogi-bear said:

that is a shame, I got my re-re Blackfoot from them. Must now resist the urge to check out any specials.

Resistance is futile 😁

It would be nice for you to have a fresh new build to have for your fresh new space in 10 months time. Just remember where you’ve stashed it where you are now though as not to leave it behind 😉

Just ordered couple of 203 Futaba receiver’s as they are a bit thin on the ground these days for a decent price, and the 314’s are getting close to a 100bucks now when ever I look. 

1 hour ago, Re-Bugged said:

Resistance is futile 😁

resistance is hard! Although those two bodies I got yesterday depleted the budget a bit!

It would be nice for you to have a fresh new build to have for your fresh new space in 10 months time. Just remember where you’ve stashed it where you are now though as not to leave it behind 😉

I will never forget where I have stashed by cars, as I took them to work and they are all around me :D

Just ordered couple of 203 Futaba receiver’s as they are a bit thin on the ground these days for a decent price, and the 314’s are getting close to a 100bucks now when ever I look. 

nice

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

Resistance is futile 😁

Especially when it comes to Seven of Nine. :wub:

• Haha 3

I was in there on Monday and there is still quite a few kits in stock and a number of those I would like. The trouble is that the "Everything Must Go" statement isn't translating to pricing. The pricing is good but not enough to cause impulse buys (aside from the Comical Grasshopper which I actually am not keen on). Many of the ones I would consider, I can get from other stores in the country at around the same price without the pressure to buy before they close down. I wonder if they already have offers on remaining stock so aren't overly motivated to shift what they have left. Maybe as we get closer to their final day, they will slash the prices a bit more to actually shift stock. 

I was very sad to hear that Joe was closing the store. Hands down, he offered the best service and prices in Brisbane (he was also competitive with a lot of online retailers too). I can understand his reasons for closing - family comes first. But I'm totally selfish in saying, "I wish he wouldn't!"  

If you were serious about a purchase and made a reasonable offer he was open to a deal. I certainly nabbed some bargains over the last few weeks... 

#50968 Tamiya Beams Honda Integra body kit with two tins of PS paint (iridescent and black) for $40

#58518 Super Clod Buster - $289 (I guarantee you'll never see one NIB from a store at that price.)

#58673 Comical Frog $195  

Plus a LOAD of other bits and pieces including TS, PS, and X paints for half price. There wasn't a lot left on the weekend just passed and this Sunday is the last day.... :( 

I don't go into Brisbane enough to drop by and negotiate so I rely on what he has on the website which seems to actually have gone up recently, on a number of kits. I picked up a Buggy Champ a week ago and about 2 days after purchasing it, it increased by about $30 on his site. His Comical Grasshopper seems a really good price if you wanted one of those. I'm not desperate for another kit but if the price was really good, I'd pick them up. Currently, they are being advertised at good prices but not stellar prices.