richwoodham

TBLE 02S interference?

I have a standard TBLE 02s ESC in a Monster Beetle which works perfectly when the transmitter (an FS-GT3C) is on. However, if I turn the Monster Beetle on before the transmitter, then the car zooms off at full speed.

I haven't encountered this with three other TBLE 02s's I have in other cars. I have just been through the manual to see if changing any of the setup options (high point setup, low voltage protection, reverse set up) make a difference, but with no luck. It's a standard 540 motor, and the TBLE is set to brushed mode. I have moved the receiver (an FS-GR3E) antenna away from the motor wires and separated the servo and motor wires, which were previously zip-tied together in places, but that has made no difference either.

I've already once turned the car on before the transmitter and had it zoom off with no immediate way of stopping it, and sooner or later it's going to result in a crash. Does anyone know what could be causing the problem and whether it's possible to fix it?

Sorry, I haven't experienced it.  

However, when in doubt, it's always a good idea to start over.  Have you tried resetting the ESC?  

That doesn't sound like an ESC issue, but rather one with your radio's failsafe settings. I'd check the radio manual and see how to set the throttle failsafe (the position the receiver sets the ESC to when it has no signal from the transmitter) to zero.

Update, in case anyone else encounters the same issue and doesn't know what to do - TurnipJF's suggestion got it sorted. Pressing the failsafe button on the receiver after turning both it and the transmitter on turned the failsafe function back on.

More info on p.25 of the FS-GT3C manual. Thanks again for help.

• Like 1